Home

Madden Draft Classes

This is a discussion on Madden Draft Classes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2009, 06:03 PM   #1
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Madden Draft Classes

I understand most people want NCAA imported draft classes, and that's perfectly reasonable... but here's a little shout out to Donny and Co...

Do you have any clue how awesome it would be to be able to reunite The James Gang from my Head Coach career (That's Kelly and LeRon, btw)? I think it would be awesome if you guys would bring the Head Coach draft classes, with all their back stories and in depth analysis and such, over to Madden. It would do wonders for Franchise mode immersion for those who chose to use those rather than the NCAA classes.

That, and how cool would it be to take Jack English online?!?!

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 03-11-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2009, 06:13 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Madden Draft Classes

I dont think that would be a great idea, ONLY because most people dont own HC. I think it would be cool for die hards, but for casual gamers like most of my friends and most Madden gamers in general, it wouldnt do much for them.

If they could include both, that would be cool, but in no way would it be a smart idea to scrap the NCAA draft class import in favor of this.

On the topic, here are one of three things I would like to see happen in the near future....

1) An EDIT DRAFT CLASS feature where we could go in and make our own realistic draft classes.

2) EA greatly improves the IMPORT DRAFT CLASS feature. or...

3) EA releases realistic draft classes each month leading up to the draft (starting in December, and each month until April) that CLOSELY resmeble real life rankings.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:21 PM   #3
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
I dont think that would be a great idea, ONLY because most people dont own HC. I think it would be cool for die hards, but for casual gamers like most of my friends and most Madden gamers in general, it wouldnt do much for them.
I'm not talking about importing them, I'm talking about making them the default draft classes. I.E. Porting the whole draft system over from head Coach rather than the randomly generated Madden classes.

You wouldn't have to own head coach. They'd be built into Madden. They already have 45 custom made draft classes that are balanced and very interesting

Honestly, I'll use the NCAA imports unless they do this. I greatly... and I mean greatly... prefer the flavor, balance, and depth of the Head Coach classes. They have personality, immersion, they're far more interesting, and hence the draft is a lot more fun.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:30 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I'm not talking about importing them, I'm talking about making them the default draft classes. I.E. Porting the whole draft system over from head Coach rather than the randomly generated Madden classes.

You wouldn't have to own head coach. They'd be built into Madden. They already have 45 custom made draft classes that are balanced and very interesting

Honestly, I'll use the NCAA imports unless they do this. I greatly... and I mean greatly... prefer the flavor, balance, and depth of the Head Coach classes. They have personality, immersion, they're far more interesting, and hence the draft is a lot more fun.
Okay, I see what you mean.

Didnt read it thoroughly the first time through...my bad.

I played the first Head Coach, but never the new one, so I cant really give an educated opinion, but it sounds better than what is currently in Madden.

Hopefully, the HC team makes a better draft system in Madden, whatever it ends up being.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:12 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
I understand most people want NCAA imported draft classes, and that's perfectly reasonable... but here's a little shout out to Donny and Co...

Do you have any clue how awesome it would be to be able to reunite The James Gang from my Head Coach career (That's Kelly and LeRon, btw)? I think it would be awesome if you guys would bring the Head Coach draft classes, with all their back stories and in depth analysis and such, over to Madden. It would do wonders for Franchise mode immersion for those who chose to use those rather than the NCAA classes.

That, and how cool would it be to take Jack English online?!?!

I fully support this idea!

They don't have to have the exact same players (the names can even be randomly generated so its not easy to pick out the best players) but I would love to have draft classes that have pre-made prototypes and scripted players would add so much life to the game.

The Draft in Head Coach is a masterpiece, and if it was brought into Madden, that would be the only game I play...

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.

Last edited by xanmank; 03-11-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2009, 08:03 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 26

That would be horrible...I get where you are coming from that taking HCs draft classes but thats only 60 different draft classes and if they set them in order like HC I would about die. It kills the reply value on a game and was the reason why I stopped playing HC. Once you draft players and are in the league for so long you know who to draft and when to draft them without scouting them. Also the main thing with HC was they only talked about a handful of players out of the 221 that get drafted. They would talk about maybe a total of 30-50 players and thats no good.

I would love for them to add some type of background to players and they could even add more stories and history stuff as add-on download or a patch so the game doesnt get as old and repeative. But if they dont keep the players 100% random I cant play but a couple of francises before it gets old.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:07 PM   #7
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
That would be horrible...I get where you are coming from that taking HCs draft classes but thats only 60 different draft classes and if they set them in order like HC I would about die. It kills the reply value on a game and was the reason why I stopped playing HC. Once you draft players and are in the league for so long you know who to draft and when to draft them without scouting them. Also the main thing with HC was they only talked about a handful of players out of the 221 that get drafted. They would talk about maybe a total of 30-50 players and thats no good.

I would love for them to add some type of background to players and they could even add more stories and history stuff as add-on download or a patch so the game doesnt get as old and repeative. But if they dont keep the players 100% random I cant play but a couple of francises before it gets old.
Head coach has 45 classes... 3 paths of 15 years. Obviously it'd have to be expanded for Madden (say, 5 paths of 30 years would be good), but seriously... how can it kill the replay value? You have to play through 3 15 season career modes to cycle back to the first class.

-Mark Twain.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:14 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Head coach has 45 classes... 3 paths of 15 years. Obviously it'd have to be expanded for Madden (say, 5 paths of 30 years would be good), but seriously... how can it kill the replay value? You have to play through 3 15 season career modes to cycle back to the first class.
I thought it was 4 drafts with 15 seasons?

What if I start one at my friends house then go home and start one at my own house? Then we get tired as playing as those teams so we change who we are playing with. So we start playing and we see its the same draft class...Thats a ton of draft classes we would redo over again and the end result is only having a handful of draft classes and we would know what the draft classes are and who to pick up. See what I mean? It only gets worse if you multiply the friends you start several francises.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »