Home

Madden 10 Online League play

This is a discussion on Madden 10 Online League play within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2009, 10:05 PM   #33
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Madden 10 Online League play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Frazier_EA
Fair enough. It's a LONG summer. We're talking about relatively small stuff now but we do have some big things in several areas of the game that will be addressed this summer. I'm very comfortable in saying that I don't feel like we have any gimmicky features this year and I hope to prove that by late July.

Phil
Considering the fact that they have released probably the most innovative features ever known to Madden football in the first 7 weeks of announcing features means a lot when he says that they are "relatively small". If finally implementing WR/DB interatction, fixing the depth of the field and running issues, fixing QB's completely, adding actual momentum for every position on the field are "small" features compared to the "big" features that will gradually be announced, this IS the BEST Madden EVER to be released. No...better yet, this IS the BEST FOOTBALL GAME EVER to be released, and we haven't even heard about any presentation or franchise improvements. I think we all can honestly say this is gonna be the best ever. I can see Phil and Ian's swagger when they talk on these forums, they always play it cool and give away things without saying what it is. On Inside EAsports blog, I forgot who it was, either Ian, raczilla or adembroski, one of them gave away how well the QB's were going to play and how the new ratings were going to be implemented without saying anything near that. Someone was complaining about how the QB's were so unrealistic and couldn't be differentiated between each other with throw accuracy and stuff, and one of them said that the poster would be surprised with what is in store and guess what, it was all new ratings. This is a long post, but I know for a fact that they have a fully working online franchise. Just by reading Phil's semi-sarcasm about how things will play out by July and him saying how funny it is of how that kid said that he knew there wasn't any online franchise I can say that I know for a fact it's in. Yea ofcourse I don't, but I have that gut feeling we all get that I know this is the best and most realistic SPORTS game ever...
Old 03-21-2009, 01:26 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
Considering the fact that they have released probably the most innovative features ever known to Madden football in the first 7 weeks of announcing features means a lot when he says that they are "relatively small". If finally implementing WR/DB interatction, fixing the depth of the field and running issues, fixing QB's completely, adding actual momentum for every position on the field are "small" features compared to the "big" features that will gradually be announced, this IS the BEST Madden EVER to be released. No...better yet, this IS the BEST FOOTBALL GAME EVER to be released, and we haven't even heard about any presentation or franchise improvements. I think we all can honestly say this is gonna be the best ever. I can see Phil and Ian's swagger when they talk on these forums, they always play it cool and give away things without saying what it is. On Inside EAsports blog, I forgot who it was, either Ian, raczilla or adembroski, one of them gave away how well the QB's were going to play and how the new ratings were going to be implemented without saying anything near that. Someone was complaining about how the QB's were so unrealistic and couldn't be differentiated between each other with throw accuracy and stuff, and one of them said that the poster would be surprised with what is in store and guess what, it was all new ratings. This is a long post, but I know for a fact that they have a fully working online franchise. Just by reading Phil's semi-sarcasm about how things will play out by July and him saying how funny it is of how that kid said that he knew there wasn't any online franchise I can say that I know for a fact it's in. Yea ofcourse I don't, but I have that gut feeling we all get that I know this is the best and most realistic SPORTS game ever...
Not trying to be negative here, but what is so ground breaking here? Yeah its cool that they are finally trying to get the physics of player movement correct, but come on... this is stuff that at this point should have been addressed 4 years ago. Online leagues are the best thing since sliced bread if they are implemented correctly. Just pop in NFL 2k5. Not only could you play a real season, but you could fully administer the league from a web page. This included making trades, posting news articles, game recaps, replacing owners, etc. etc. Not to mention you could view all of the stats for each player for each game and for the season. It also showed league leaders etc etc. If they don't get leagues right this year with at LEAST the features 2k5 had in their leagues then it is truly a mystery what they do over there at Tiburon.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:09 PM   #35
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

It's groundbreaking because they finally are making a true NFL experience. And I am tired of people like you saying that they should have had these things 4 years ago. Yea we know that, IT HAS TO GET IN THE GAME AT SOME POINT DOESN'T IT? Why do people always say that? It's like you guys don't want them to ever be better than 2K and then when they finally are starting to be better, you guys say that crap. Do you want Madden to be amazing or not?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2009, 10:30 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
It's groundbreaking because they finally are making a true NFL experience. And I am tired of people like you saying that they should have had these things 4 years ago. Yea we know that, IT HAS TO GET IN THE GAME AT SOME POINT DOESN'T IT? Why do people always say that? It's like you guys don't want them to ever be better than 2K and then when they finally are starting to be better, you guys say that crap. Do you want Madden to be amazing or not?
Or maybe it's just the meaning of the term "groundbreaking" that you don't understand? Also, Yes, that's the point... It's 2009 and those "things" still aren't in the game. Where does it say in any post here that people don't want Madden to be amazing? If it was amazing then we probably wouldn't be discussing this right now would we? Let's hope...
Old 03-23-2009, 01:05 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
It's groundbreaking because they finally are making a true NFL experience.
i dont see anything being "groundbreaking" when its something that has been accomplsihed on the current gen systems years ago.

Quote:
And I am tired of people like you saying that they should have had these things 4 years ago. Yea we know that, IT HAS TO GET IN THE GAME AT SOME POINT DOESN'T IT? Why do people always say that? It's like you guys don't want them to ever be better than 2K and then when they finally are starting to be better, you guys say that crap. Do you want Madden to be amazing or not?
the opposite is true... and its our frustration that it isnt happening that causes us to say things like "we had this 5 years ago why dont we have it now"

and its true... madden 05 and nfl 2k5 had tons and tons of featues that havent been in ANY of the 4 or so next gen releases of madden. to me, that would be embarassing if i was a member of those madden teams...

let me give you an example. i have my own small business. we sell phone and voice mail systems. if we marketed a new phone system that:

- couldnt transfer calls
- couldnt forward calls
- didnt have conferencing
- couldnt access voicemail remotely

our customers would laugh at us because every phone system the last 5+ years has had those featues, including the ones weve supplied. its no different with madden... they are selling us a game that doesnt have features that were both standard and perfected 5 years ago

Last edited by jerseyjay14; 03-23-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:11 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjay14
i dont see anything being "groundbreaking" when its something that has been accomplsihed on the current gen systems years ago.

the opposite is true... and its our frustration that it isnt happening that causes us to say things like "we had this 5 years ago why dont we have it now"

and its true... madden 05 and nfl 2k5 had tons and tons of featues that havent been in ANY of the 4 or so next gen releases of madden. to me, that would be embarassing if i was a member of those madden teams...

let me give you an example. i have my own small business. we sell phone and voice mail systems. if we marketed a new phone system that:

- couldnt transfer calls
- couldnt forward calls
- didnt have conferencing
- couldnt access voicemail remotely

our customers would laugh at us because every phone system the last 5+ years has had those featues, including the ones weve supplied. its no different with madden... they are selling us a game that doesnt have features that were both standard and perfected 5 years ago

I work in software for a large company. If we took features away with new releases, customers would go ballistic. They depend on those features.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:41 PM   #39
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

I understand both of your points and agree with them, it is just that you guys are reading these posts and acting like it is a thing of the past. Yes you can say it is, but it is a new team, a new game, and a new year. Just because Madden hasn't lived up to anything near its potential the last few years, I truly feel it will finally beat Madden 05', 06', 07' and 08' on last gen as well as ESPN 2k5 and APF 2k8. Yea, there will be things that won't be included I'm sure, but for the most part, EA is adding the same things these games had, and they are building on it. So it isn't like they are just throwing in old features, they are actually improving the old features, which is different. I am just trying to stay positive.

My older brother always tells me that Madden is the same every year like you guys. He says that Madden holds features and improvements every three years and then the fourth brings out an amazing game with amazing features. The other games are simply roster updates and the fourth is four years of development instead of one. While I figured this out myself, it does seem true. But I just can't accept that because it has been a different group of people making the game every 4 years. Phil Frazier for last gen, David Ortiz for the past 3 crap years and Ian for now. That follows my brothers hypothesis that it is true, but it can go either way. Either EA does this on purpose, or it is just a great coincidence.

I just want a great Madden, no matter how long it takes to make it and this looks like it could be the year...can you guys just let me have that? (both the two i am replying to, my brother, and all makers of Madden)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »