Home

Have Playbooks been discussed at all?

This is a discussion on Have Playbooks been discussed at all? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2009, 08:44 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Have Playbooks been discussed at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You are not the only one that feels that way.

A week or two ago this was discussed and Phil asked folks if they wanted an online playbook or one like the PS2 playbook. Phil was a part of developing the PS2 playbook.

I think it was split down the middle. I'll try to find a link.

Actually, sorry, playbook editor was discussed.

Phil begins in post #5 if your interested. He said they are an involved process and can turn out to be buggy.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ay-editor.html
Ah ok.. that's fine, thanks for checking, not a bad discussion.. I actually like the web idea... but once again, I certainly doubt this would ever be allowed in an on-line game, with very good reason.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:44 PM   #10
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
I disagree. I was very happy with the selection we had in the Ps2 game. I thought they were well put together and very diverse. So it certainly can be done, it WAS done, its just been forgotten.
That's the only thread I could find where a developer talked about anything close to playbooks.

Other people made various threads to get their teams offense formations into the game.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by woowoo782
or you haven't seen a professional playbook, and those are the plays i use for my youth football team!
Well, I've seen some professional books from the outside... and they are HUGE... so I certainly don't expect that type of volume to go in a PB, that would be overwhelming. I'm looking more for variety and uniqueness, not necessarily volume.

Quality not quantity is the motto here I just felt that the NG playbooks were really all the same for the most part. I understand that there were differences between them, but in the end the impression I got was that there wasn't enough difference between them to really intrigue me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2009, 08:53 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Well, I've seen some professional books from the outside... and they are HUGE... so I certainly don't expect that type of volume to go in a PB, that would be overwhelming. I'm looking more for variety and uniqueness, not necessarily volume.

Quality not quantity is the motto here I just felt that the NG playbooks were really all the same for the most part. I understand that there were differences between them, but in the end the impression I got was that there wasn't enough difference between them to really intrigue me.
i liked them to, that was the best year for the playbooks. but i want to see teams use systems with there playbooks. and run the system right. like if a team is west coast, there not going to be very successful going vertical everytime. make the systems have an impact with the playbooks. a web based playbook editor would be the ultimate so you have better control over everything. don't use NFL Head Coach's play editor lets have an option to use a web based playbook editor. it will make people enjoy the game more because your building your playbook and you dont have to have the game on. i don't want to sit at my xbox and make plays all day i want to do it over the internet so i can do it away from home. It will add sophistication to Madden Ian!! it would look more professional doing it on the computer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »