Home

Quote confirms sliders?!!!

This is a discussion on Quote confirms sliders?!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2009, 06:15 PM   #17
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Quote confirms sliders?!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
But that doesnt solve the game play problem. I agreed that every Madden released thus far needed those sliders. Im talking about in Madden 10 and beyond.
No matter how AMAZING the gameplay and "sim" the game can get.. it will not be SIM for everyone.. everybody's skills at the game are different and the sliders help make the game as realistic as possible for each Madden gamer...

If i suck at running the ball, i can't find holes, i suck at timing my juke or spin move... and i run for 1.5 yds per carry every game.. i may say the game is TOO hard to run.. and i would need to adjust a slider to get it up above 3 or so YPC...

If i'm the bomb.com at running and i can use cedric benson and gain 150yds on the ground every game.. i can adjust the slider to make it more difficult to run to make the game more realistic... it's not just about making the player ratings play exactly like they should in real life..

It doesn't give MAGICAL effects... it simple makes it more realistic to YOUR STYLE of play and based on how good you actually are... We aren't all at the same skill level in every aspect of the game...
Old 03-14-2009, 06:18 PM   #18
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
No matter how AMAZING the gameplay and "sim" the game can get.. it will not be SIM for everyone.. everybody's skills at the game are different and the sliders help make the game as realistic as possible for each Madden gamer...

If i suck at running the ball, i can't find holes, i suck at timing my juke or spin move... and i run for 1.5 yds per carry every game.. i may say the game is TOO hard to run.. and i would need to adjust a slider to get it up above 3 or so YPC...

If i'm the bomb.com at running and i can use cedric benson and gain 150yds on the ground every game.. i can adjust the slider to make it more difficult to run to make the game more realistic... it's not just about making the player ratings play exactly like they should in real life..

It doesn't give MAGICAL effects... it simple makes it more realistic to YOUR STYLE of play and based on how good you actually are... We aren't all at the same skill level in every aspect of the game...
Exactly. Thats a great way to put it. You got it spot on man.

... Just like how you got your sig spot on ...
Old 03-14-2009, 06:22 PM   #19
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdown2shadi
Exactly. Thats a great way to put it. You got it spot on man.

... Just like how you got your sig spot on ...
haha too true..
Old 03-14-2009, 06:42 PM   #20
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast

What Im saying is if you are poor at running the football pick a team that runs the ball well. I want to go to a poor rushing team like my Saints and struggle because my o-line run blocking stinks. If I wanna run the ball effectively I can play with the Vikes or the Skins. I just dont think its "sim" to take a team bad at doing something and making them good through sliders. Maybe Im just being insensitive to the guys who struggle in certain aspects of the game ,but those aspects should be impacted by the talent on the roster not sliders. IMO

I will say this though if the game is "sim" and leaving the sliders in the middle really is the off switch(yeah right) then sliders wont bother me one bit.

But the idea you can leave the sliders in the middle and expect anything remotely sim now is a joke!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:44 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 39

I dont get why anyone would not want sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2009, 06:48 PM   #22
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

post deleted
Old 03-14-2009, 09:51 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
What Im saying is if you are poor at running the football pick a team that runs the ball well. I want to go to a poor rushing team like my Saints and struggle because my o-line run blocking stinks. If I wanna run the ball effectively I can play with the Vikes or the Skins. I just dont think its "sim" to take a team bad at doing something and making them good through sliders. Maybe Im just being insensitive to the guys who struggle in certain aspects of the game ,but those aspects should be impacted by the talent on the roster not sliders. IMO

I will say this though if the game is "sim" and leaving the sliders in the middle really is the off switch(yeah right) then sliders wont bother me one bit.

But the idea you can leave the sliders in the middle and expect anything remotely sim now is a joke!
So, your REAL problem isn't that the sliders exist BUT rather that the game with the sliders "OFF" (set in the middle) does create a SIM game from YOUR view.

That being said, Would you agree that everyone has different views?

The answer to that is obviously YES.

Therefore, everyone's view of SIM is slightly different let alone the people that do not want SIM.

That being said, How do you expect EA to make a game that appeals to everyone that is going to buy the game when they all have different views without allowing the person playing the game adjust to THEIR view?

That would be one hell of a game that can read people's mind and adjust accordingly. If they could do that they wouldn't be making a games and would be making a hell of a lot of more money then a game ever could.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:58 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 7

If '09 had CPU sliders, I'd still be playing it.

I really don't understand why we can't get a yes or no answer to a ''feature'' that shouldn't have been taken out in the first place. If 2010 doesn't have CPU sliders, I won't even rent it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »