Home

Thank You Ian Cummings and EA Sports

This is a discussion on Thank You Ian Cummings and EA Sports within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2009, 05:14 PM   #1
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Thank You Ian Cummings and EA Sports

I just wanted to put out a thank you to Ian Cumming and EA Sports for how they are treating us, the fans this year.

I was really upset with how EA handeled Madden 2009 and their promotions. The general attitude I felt coming from the 09 team was "Like OMG, Madden 09 has 10million-billion nu featurez!!1!one!! this r de game that adapts 2 U." When in fact there were only a handful of NEW features and plethora of returning features. While the IQ test adn rewind and other features are nice at bringing new players into Madden and teaching them the ropes, they left out football 101 which is just as important, if not more so, in teaching players how to play the game.

I am really appreciative of how they now actually sek our advice and input on what we feel are great/terrible about their game. I have a lot of faith in this years Madden, and this years team.

Thanks again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 05:17 PM   #2
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Thank You Ian Cummings and EA Sports

Though I share your sentiment, I'm not sure a thread was needed for this. Just my opinion of course as I'm not a mod.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13

Im appreciative for their interaction with fans and seemingly hands on approach, but Im not going to THANK them until they actually deliver the goods. In this case, its not "the thought that counts".
Old 03-18-2009, 05:37 PM   #4
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Im appreciative for their interaction with fans and seemingly hands on approach, but Im not going to THANK them until they actually deliver the goods. In this case, its not "the thought that counts".
Well said sir! Well said.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:50 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 10

The "Thought" counts for me just because Ian could have never posted anything here about Madden 10 and you would have bought it anyway but since he is actually taking time of his own to actually interact with the community is an A++ in my book.

Thanks Ian and Phil for everything
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 05:56 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin4QB
The "Thought" counts for me just because Ian could have never posted anything here about Madden 10 and you would have bought it anyway but since he is actually taking time of his own to actually interact with the community is an A++ in my book.

Thanks Ian and Phil for everything
The thought of him coming here is nice, but if the game sucks, what will it matter? I have faith in Ian to deliver a solid game this year (and this is coming from a guy who hasnt had faith in EA since 04), but being that its EA, I still have my doubts.

If the game makes a massive leap and EA finally delivers a next gen worth football sim, I will praise Ian and the new Madden team, but until that day comes, its all talk.

I dont care what sounds good on paper....I care about the finished product. EA has always done a good job of over hyping their products....Im eager to see if Ian and co. can actually live up to it.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:58 PM   #7
Rookie

mAiLmAn 502's Arena

OVR: 6

This is certainly a bit pre mature, lets try and wait for this sentimental garbage after the game releases and we see what we really have. interaction is nice but dont forget your thanking the same team thats been LAZY for awhile now. just pumping up the same cheesy exploitable arcade experience, and charging 60 dollars a piece.....
Old 03-18-2009, 06:03 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 8

I wanna give thanks too. If not for Madden, what would I do after I was finished beating off, until I was ready to beat off again?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »