Home

Idea on sideline and graphics

This is a discussion on Idea on sideline and graphics within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What do we use
Keep it as is. Graphics good, presentation bad 5 29.41%
Use Madden 06 graphics with good presention 12 70.59%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2009, 12:00 PM   #9
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Idea on sideline and graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
The thing is Madden 06's player graphics were technically more detailed than 09. I think Ian knows the best route to take for 2010 without our "technical" know how, lol.
Exactly. Madden 06 and NCAA 07 had much better graphics than the 09 titles do. the player models looked ridiculous, but the graphics and detail were just stunning. They made a sacrifice to the graphics to get to 60fps, which is probably why they are unwilling to take another hit to the graphics for interactive sidelines.

Sideshow Bob
Old 03-22-2009, 03:37 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToledo
Exactly. Madden 06 and NCAA 07 had much better graphics than the 09 titles do. the player models looked ridiculous, but the graphics and detail were just stunning.
I know. I miss that. I also like how the players had weight to them. I wish they could've kept working with that direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToledo
They made a sacrifice to the graphics to get to 60fps, which is probably why they are unwilling to take another hit to the graphics for interactive sidelines.
Yep, and it's one of those bigger picture things and I realize it can go both ways, but AI sidelines will really only please the hardcore because when the game comes looking like APF, the casuals will explode. Too many hits already. Just cutscene it somehow for now and worry about making it live next generation.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:19 PM   #11
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

OVR: 12

To save memory space they don't need to do anything to the graphics. They need to remove silly things in the game that are eating up space.

Ring builder....should be gone.

Rewind feature...... lol..... should bo gone.

Madden IQ....... again lol.... should be gone.

Superstar mode.... should be gone. (this one is a bit tough, but take it out if it means better presentation for the meat and potatoes of the game)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher

Yep, and it's one of those bigger picture things and I realize it can go both ways, but AI sidelines will really only please the hardcore because when the game comes looking like APF, the casuals will explode. Too many hits already. Just cutscene it somehow for now and worry about making it live next generation.
I think APF looks great, stadiums looks great, crowds look great, players look great, linemen could be fatter, but the only thing to work on is the grass and some lighting.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:52 PM   #13
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
I think APF looks great, stadiums looks great, crowds look great, players look great, linemen could be fatter, but the only thing to work on is the grass and some lighting.
Co-sign, and the presentation just makes everything look that much better IMO. The closeups post and preplay are the best I've seen.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 03-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron2k7
To save memory space they don't need to do anything to the graphics. They need to remove silly things in the game that are eating up space.

Superstar mode.... should be gone. (this one is a bit tough, but take it out if it means better presentation for the meat and potatoes of the game)

Agreed
Old 03-22-2009, 09:35 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
I think we agree on most of the parts there, except the stadiums. They were very low-res, but I honestly have never had too many big concerns with how detailed the stadiums are, I just want the crowd to look decent which in APF it did, but I did get annoyed when you see shots from a distance showing a washed-out structure. This also annoyed me in Madden 09. I'd rather they not show that instead of showing me something washed out. I also couldn't get down with the huge character statues. It just all seemed odd to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2009, 09:44 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron2k7

I am not really against removing any of these features. Superstar mode could be great if done right and I can see why the others were added even if it is against what I would want them to add but none of them are really important to the game.

However none of those 4 things really probably take anything in terms of the ram being used. As far as disk space they have an impact but when it comes to sideline presentation as was being discussed the major limitation is in terms of ram. Seeing as most of these things are not really in use during normal gameplay other than rewind, which I would doubt that is a high ram issue. The ring builder really only comes into play it seems based on stats which are tracked anyway, at least if it is done right, and IQ should take no more in terms of ram during gameplay than any other slider system.

I think these should be removed to save on disk space but it won't allow any real amount of improvement to what you see during gameplay.

2k seems to do a very good job of making player models that are probably not as flashy as those in madden but do everything that they need to do and look very realistic. Same with the field and everything else shown. They may not have anything really flashy in terms of graphics but what they do is make everything work and leave room for all of that background stuff that leads to more immersion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »