Home

Ian, Whats the fate of the rocket catch?

This is a discussion on Ian, Whats the fate of the rocket catch? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 01:57 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Ian, Whats the fate of the rocket catch?

This is a no brainer. If they're going for sim the RC should be completely gone... or jet packing, or whatever you want to call it. I saw an interview with a guy that was working on Madden 08 for the 360 / ps3 and was saying that they put the Jetpack back in the game because people liked it.... WTF is that?! I couldn't believe it.

But yes, RCing, Jetpacking, those should not be options.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:06 PM   #10
Rookie

nsilvano21's Arena

OVR: 4

well thank god Ian is turning this game around and hopefully will listen and take out rc/jetpacking. if he announces that they took it out, it will shake the madden community lol
Old 03-27-2009, 06:04 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsilvano21
well thank god Ian is turning this game around and hopefully will listen and take out rc/jetpacking. if he announces that they took it out, it will shake the madden community lol
i think its for the best... sure the tourney guys will find another glitch but at least it would be something new
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 06:41 PM   #12
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX CASCABEL Xx
Yes take that glitch out, if I want to use a crutch I'll break a leg.
preach!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2009, 06:53 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 10

I Posted a video about this in my thread here

if this doesnt make them take this out the game then i just dont know anymore

i feel they are just going to make defensive backs more aggressive rather then address the glitch animations which will not fix anything
Old 03-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin4QB
I Posted a video about this in my thread here

*** from that thread ***
The "Strafe Catch" has to go but more importantly the HOLDING OF THE "Y" BUTTON because it involves 0% skill
again i never really liked this argument. what difference does it matter if it takes zero skills or an enourmous amount of skill?

if its a glitch or BS or unrealtic take it out

if its kosher leave it in

how much skill it takes shouldnt be a factor.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:02 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjay14
again i never really liked this argument. what difference does it matter if it takes zero skills or an enourmous amount of skill?

if its a glitch or BS or unrealtic take it out

if its kosher leave it in

how much skill it takes shouldnt be a factor.
thats what im saying brainiac just remove them both if they have to......you guys should think before you post
Old 03-27-2009, 07:05 PM   #16
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Currently my favorite examle of an exploit and the attitude of people who use them is this:

In Madden 08 on defense you could call a Dollar/prevent package that has 3 downlinemen and a MLB. The MLB is told to blitz up the gut and the D-Line is told to pinch. Next the D-Line is told to crash [LB + right thumbstick down.] This causes 3x linemen and the MLB to line up over and attack the center and your two gaurds. Simple math tells you that 4 vs 3 means that someone is comming through unblocked. Even if you are in a shotgun, you have little to no time to makea read and play.

People who abused this exploit would claim that this is tacticle and not an exploit. They refused to acknowledge that the O-Line in real life would adjsut and pinch their protection to stop this. No, no, no, it's tacticle and they are superior players right? Well in Madden 09 we saw the return of SLIDE PROTECTION for the O-line. In he first few days online on 09 the same cheeseballs came on trid to play 08 style on 09. Just a simple tap of the left trigger to activate line protect and down to pinch the line... EVERYONE IS BLOCKED! Oh you should have heared how mad they were. I played a guy in real life and his was cursing up a storm about how it is BS that Maddn "removed" his exploit. When he was done with his tyraid I told him to do it again, adn I DIDN'T pinch my line and BAM! there they came. The exploit wasn't remvered, the real life counter to the stratagy was ADDED. Needles to say he was rather quite as he realised it WAS an exploit in 08.

I have no problem with the rocket catch in Madden for Sim reasons. My 2 problems are with not having an effective counter/the defense not attacking the RC and secondly that only the top recivers should be able to hang on to the ball/make the catch/jump that high. Fitz, Moss, Buress, etc are the real rocket catchers, not Mark Jones of the Carolina Panthers.

To EA and Ian, please don't take the rocket catch out, refine it, create a counter for it, make defenders play the reciver better, and force recivers who are below a HIGH rattings check not make the play. There is a reason why Fitz is so great, not just any can do the things he can. In madden, everyone can. That's the flaw.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »