Home

Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

This is a discussion on Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2009, 02:17 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
I agree. I can't understand why people can't express their thoughts without name calling. How are we "prostituting" ourselves? Because we're excited that our favorite game is shaping up to be something special? Or is it because when we ask for something it actually gets added in the game, and we thank them for it?

The level of immaturity of some of our users baffles me.....
I apologize if I offended people with those comments.

I am all for excitement I guess some users get more excited then others which is fine.

You guys are right I should'nt be worried about whether people get overly excited or not, its not my business.

My apologies again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 02:34 PM   #82
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Personally, I welcome all points of view, on the topic of what level of satisfaction/excitement members are at as of now. It keeps a certain balance to our community. But the insults are pretty lame.

To be honest...I'm a bit more cautious than I lead on to be. Yes, I am worried about allowing myself to be letdown again. But if others are wiling to let go of their fears....so be it.

But I must say, I have a helluva lot more confidants now about Madden, since this whole damn "Next gen" thing started.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:41 PM   #83
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If I bought Madden with this generation and it wasn't what I thought it was, I wasn't hurt by it, didn't take it personally. I bought it, my mistake, etc........
This is the big ticket. To me, this is what drives most of the negativity on several Madden forums. Fans take the disappointment personally and it leads to all of the skepticism, negativity, and in some cases, hate. People forget that videogames are a hobby, not an obligation.

When you read most of the skeptics' posts, they almost all the time mention being let down in the past or discuss the fear of being disappointed in the future. What's the big deal? If the game drops and you're disappointed, is it truly life-shattering?

This is where pride steps in. Many fans don't want to put themselves out there as being excited in fear of looking gullible come August. I just don't see why it matters so much.

I often laugh when people try to compare buying Madden to the abusive boyfriend scenario, or something else negative to that effect. The two hardly relate to one another.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:43 PM   #84
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I liked Madden 09 and I think Madden 10 will be a better game. I am a big APF fan but I am not looking for a APF clone. I think developers may use Ian approach as a case study of using customer feed back.

Stay Positive.
As much as I want to agree with this post,

Every year EA comes out with this new, shiny, phenomenal marketing scheme for Madden. Community interaction just seems to be the flavor this year. I'm not hating on it however, because it's brilliant in 2 ways:

1)Who doesn't want more interaction? Ian and the gang are doing us a great service by being here.

2)It's quite brilliant. Brilliant. They know millions of people will buy Madden regardless. No need in overwhelming them with blogs and interaction and the such. It's the hardcore community that has soured on them the last couple of years. Pacify them and you take the heat off of your game from a whole different base.

But honestly, every year Madden claims they have "fixed" the game. And the same issues come up in the game that have been going on for 1,2,3.....er 15 years. I remember when Madden 2004 was supposed to be the second coming of Jesus Christ (there was even this overweight developer shamefully hyping the game up while putting NFL Fever and 2K down every chance he got). Turns out that game was the biggest cheesefest in the history of cheesefest video games.

Sorry, but I've been a pessimist of this video game for 9 years (except Madden 2003 which was quite good) and I will not stop now.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 03-26-2009, 02:46 PM   #85
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Personally, I welcome all points of view, on the topic of what level of satisfaction/excitement members are at as of now. It keeps a certain balance to our community. But the insults are pretty lame.

To be honest...I'm a bit more cautious than I lead on to be. Yes, I am worried about allowing myself to be letdown again. But if others are wiling to let go of their fears....so be it.

But I must say, I have a helluva lot more confidants now about Madden, since this whole damn "Next gen" thing started.

I'm with you there Vikes.....Don't get it twisted, just because I'm excited about the direction of the game doesn't mean I'm not cautious.

See what a lot of the folks (negative folks) don't realize is, just because we show a lot of enthusiasm and excitement about the way Madden 10 is shaping up, doesn't mean we are forgetting the past. I don't know about anyone else, but all I'm doing is giving Ian and co. the benefit of the doubt at the very least.

I think they've earned that much. And if we can give them a little bit of love along the way (which I think they've certainly deserved), there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. We are not kissing anyone's arse here, we're just appreciative for all the interaction and mostly, all of the great additions/changes made to our favorite franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 02:48 PM   #86
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
I can't believe you save stuff like this.
Ian is like a crazy ex-girlfriend. "BUT IN AIM CHAT IN 2003 YOU SAID YOUD LOVE ME FOREVER!"
Old 03-26-2009, 02:51 PM   #87
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
Ian is like a crazy ex-girlfriend. "BUT IN AIM CHAT IN 2003 YOU SAID YOUD LOVE ME FOREVER!"
Old 03-26-2009, 02:53 PM   #88
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
Lmao....That's pretty funny actually....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »