Home

Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

This is a discussion on Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2009, 10:39 AM   #169
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

There's certain things that I'm seeing on the blog, like pursuit angles, that look good but it's Madden. I can't have but so much faith in this game to be a sim. Up until now I've had none (Thus the reason why I've purchased 3 Madden titles in the past 10 years) and really I don't have a whole lot now either but at least there seems to be something going on there.

But they also need to do alot more work. Will defenders still pull up on obvious sack situations? Will the running game actually look like the NFL this year or still like pinball machines? Will the "comeback kid" code still kick in EVERY game around the 2 minute mark of the halves?

And here's the most important part. Will you guys put the Intelligence back in A.I.? Nobody should be able to run the same play over and over and over without the A.I. adapting especially when you're calling the D for it AND telling everybody "IT'S HIM , IT'S HIM".
I'm not looking for the defense to cover someone's playcalling shortcomings , I'm looking for the defense to act a bit more realistic.

PS: Get off the Cowboy's . They wasn't jack last year and ain't going to be jack this year. Yet you got them an absolute beast in this game. Did anyone watch any games last year? WOW.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #170
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
At least I'm not insulting people like some other posters

that wasn't meant to you individually nether, just a statement about the thread as a whole.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-27-2009, 10:41 AM   #171
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1ARk5
Again i am only basing my feelings ok past performances to come up with my thoughts, now if people want to pased their opinions on a few screenshots in march and some Procudial Awareness talk, and a few differnt animations, and the runner and qb having slower animations to be more "realistic" by all means its your right.
What the hell is procudial awareness ???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 10:42 AM   #172
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
You see, that's my #1 issue with all this.

They keep selling an incomplete game every year when it takes 2-3 years to make a truly great game.

Why not just keep selling Madden 09 and updating the rosters while they work on the Masterpiece Madden that will come out in 2 years?

And don't tell me it wouldn't pay the bills - this is EA we're talking about. And every year new people would pony up money to buy Madden 09 when football season starts. Heck, they could even charge like $10 for roster updates to buy them time and some spending money if it came down to it.

I don't think a developer can really crank out IMPRESSIVE new tech and new optimizations unless they sit down, get rid of deadlines and really FOCUS their full energies on it. (You know, like most non-sports game developers do)

I think Yearly release schedules are the BANE of the quality in sports video games.

The highest-rated Video games take years to make, not months...

Sadly, investors don't care about quality, they care about profits. So unless the investors become gamers, we'll continue to get a product that is a constant work in progress.
dude,

your absolutely correct. Not suggestion this about you, but to think that Ea and gaming companies will not release annual sports games will never happen, simply because of what you said, why should they?

Example in EA's case, why should they have a 2 year development plan for madden? When again they can make subtle improvements and upgrade the rosters and graphics a little and call it Madden 10 or 11 or 12, and guess wat? It will sell MILLIONS MILLIONS, and thus making EA the juggaurnat that it is. It just does not make economic sense, and they are in ehre to make a profit. Their goal is not to be called "the greatest football game ever made" The execs coudl care less, sure Ian might care but in one year there is not enough time to implement what he is wanting to do so.

It is what it is. My hope is this... I hope Ian and the gang can get this ship on the right track and come at the earliest next year give us the game we all want. As I said build a foundation.

I know ideally I would like that game this year but I just dont see that happening.

I hope Im wrong.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:46 AM   #173
Banned

OVR: 7

Just a point to the posts above, I can not say for certain, but I would be willing to bet large money that the NFL mandates that EA releases a product yearly. Not only that, I have the feeling that they are required to release the game at a specific point in time as well.

People were wondering a similar topic on The Show forums, and about why the game was released a month before the season began. The dev came on and explained the MLB requires them to release it on the day it is.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:48 AM   #174
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1ARk5
I do agree with you really. People can get excited as much as they want however, I really feel that when most people go over board to praise Ian and his crew just because of a screen shot and little additions they see from that screenshots, it can come back to bite us in the end.

You ask how?

Well if we are going goo goo gaa gaa over absolutely nothing then what is the incentive of EA really improving the game, when all they have to do is just toss out a few screenshots that look good and us praisining them to no end, and there we go they have us, no matter how the game plays, the screenshots back in March looked great and thus everyone will continue to buy the damn game, as if we do not have that problem now.

The point being I really wish fans would be a little more reserved to give credit just yet to Ian because lets face it, this is the same stuff we have been hearing the past few years expect its coming from a different podium.
Please share with us your great knowledge of degrees of excitement on a message board? At what degree is excitement too much for you?? It's different with all individuals.

Enough of the it happened in the past as well. It's really getting tired and old. You keep on saying it's the same stuff we heard in the past? What? Procedural Awareness we've heard in the past, QB ratings we've heard in the past, WR/CB interaction?, etc...... and all the other things.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:48 AM   #175
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
What the hell is procudial awareness ???

Sorry man I meant to put
Procurial Awareness
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 10:50 AM   #176
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Please share with us your great knowledge of degrees of excitement on a message board? At what degree is excitement too much for you?? It's different with all individuals.

Enough of the it happened in the past as well. It's really getting tired and old. You keep on saying it's the same stuff we heard in the past? What? Procedural Awareness we've heard in the past, QB ratings we've heard in the past, WR/CB interaction?, etc...... and all the other things.
Hey man I learned my lesson with telling people to tamper their excitement, we have not seen anything yet.

i no longer am telling people to chill out its just a screenshot. If you want to get excited to the point that you wet yourself (ie Guil) then thats your thing bro. Your not wrong for feeling that way or for wetting your pants. At the same time do not say "enough" already when people like myself still are not buying to what EA is selling.

It goes both ways.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »