Home

Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

This is a discussion on Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2009, 11:25 AM   #201
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Not just the community on OS. Go on other forums, go on youtube, go on myspace, facebook, go ask gamestop how many trade ins they had with Madden 09.

Its not less than 1% at all.

Just because a game is traded in doesnt mean people hate a game. I traded in Madden a few months ago and I liked it. Same with Grand Theft Auto.

Millions of people bought Madden last year. 2.3 mil in the first month not even counting used purchases or people who bought it later. There are 100,000 people who are members of this board and most dont hate Madden.

But whatever. We go through this every year. People say that if the game sucks that will be the breaking point and it never is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 11:28 AM   #202
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Look, we've already covered the business aspect of this. It's neither in EA's interest OR the NFL's interest to allow more time for a fully developed NFL video game.

It's IS however in the CUSTOMER'S interest, hence the whole reason for this conversation!

Its a pointless conversation though. Why complain about something that wont and cant change? It would be buisness suicide to skip a year. I could understand the discussion if there was a solution but you guys know the answer. You know the reason why they cant and wont do it. Also there are a ton of people who would be pissed if Madden took a year off because a small number of people wanted defensive matchups and new run animations.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:29 AM   #203
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Look, we've already covered the business aspect of this. It's neither in EA's interest OR the NFL's interest to allow more time for a fully developed NFL video game.

It's IS however in the CUSTOMER'S interest, hence the whole reason for this conversation!
good point
Old 03-27-2009, 11:30 AM   #204
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its a pointless conversation though. Why complain about something that wont and cant change? It would be buisness suicide to skip a year. I could understand the discussion if there was a solution but you guys know the answer. You know the reason why they cant and wont do it. Also there are a ton of people who would be pissed if Madden took a year off because a small number of people wanted defensive matchups and new run animations.
good point as well.

Again this is a classic situation where you can make a legit arguement for both sides. But again the bottom line is money rules this world and whatever means necessary people need to get their money by selling, ie Madden in this case, and customers need to get their money's worth by when buying the game.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:32 AM   #205
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
LOL. I try to remember as much as I can who these details matter to most. It's hard sometimes though when you're so passionate about a detail. I'd love to think the whole Madden base does this, but I know in reality we make up a very small group.

One thing I do know is, even though the casuals may not ask for these things, when they come and they look great they'll enjoy it, too. It's one of those deals where they'll come in and get more and better than they were expecting, so I think it works out for us all in the end and I think it's great. Plus, if you're working on the product (Madden Team) you'll feel more satisfied knowing that you were able to deliver greater value.

Thats the point im trying to make. I accept Madden for what it is. An arcade football game. It will never be 2k5 no matter how much Ian says he's trying to put it on that level. If they add things that make it more sim...im happy. If not, I move on and accept the game for what it is.

This forum is all about suggestions and discussion and thats great. But I see so many people get upset and frustrated without having perspective. Madden is not for us. Its an arcade football game. If Ian gets it closer to sim, I'll be estatic but if he doesnt....I just wont buy it and I'll buy something else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 11:32 AM   #206
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
LOL...speak up for gamers? That person would get laughed out of the board room. I can see it now....an exec is talking about how much revenue Madden brought in and someone interrupts and says:

"Excuse me. There are a small amount of gamers who are upset about the running animations and the lack of presentation in Madden. I think we should delay Madden for a year so that we can add those features"

Exec: "How much is a small amount?"

"Less than 1%"

Exec: "Do the majority of them still buy the game anyway?"

"Yes"

Exec: "You're fired"
LMAO..

Aaron man...you crack me up...

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-27-2009, 11:40 AM   #207
Rookie

Quote:
Thats the point im trying to make. I accept Madden for what it is. An arcade football game. It will never be 2k5 no matter how much Ian says he's trying to put it on that level. If they add things that make it more sim...im happy. If not, I move on and accept the game for what it is.

This forum is all about suggestions and discussion and thats great. But I see so many people get upset and frustrated without having perspective. Madden is not for us. Its an arcade football game. If Ian gets it closer to sim, I'll be estatic but if he doesnt....I just wont buy it and I'll buy something else.
good stuff, I could not have said it better myself.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:56 AM   #208
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
LOL...speak up for gamers? That person would get laughed out of the board room. I can see it now....an exec is talking about how much revenue Madden brought in and someone interrupts and says:

"Excuse me. There are a small amount of gamers who are upset about the running animations and the lack of presentation in Madden. I think we should delay Madden for a year so that we can add those features"

Exec: "How much is a small amount?"

"Less than 1%"

Exec: "Do the majority of them still buy the game anyway?"

"Yes"

Exec: "You're fired"
This is great.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »