Home

New layered blending could cause tuck rule in madden 10 if it is enforced???

This is a discussion on New layered blending could cause tuck rule in madden 10 if it is enforced??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you wan the tuck rule in madden 10???
You want to see the tuck rule in the game??? 12 60.00%
You don't want to see the tuck rule in the game??? 8 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2009, 03:50 AM   #1

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
New layered blending could cause tuck rule in madden 10 if it is enforced???

New layered blending will allow full extention of the arm to get the pass off in a seconds notice just before being hit. Even though I want everything in a football game.

I dread that with this new layered blending which is "great" but might cause the QB's fumble to look like a incomplete pass if challenged if his arm is barely going forward in 09. But this will all depend on if this rule is enforced in the game.

what would you think about it if the rule was implemented into the game????

Even though this rarely happens in the game and rarely in the actual nfl game it does happen reguardless of it not being implemented into the game b/c iv'e had this happen to me before more than once.

here's a perfect example of the raiders getting a sack causing a 4th and 17 instead of what should have been a fumble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My7jHqFq_TY

Last edited by SouthernBrick; 03-26-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 04:46 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: New layered blending could cause tuck rule in madden 10 if it is enforced???

As neat as this could be....Although the tuck rule needs to be removed...It doesnt happen often. To have it properly implentment it would have to occur 12-15 times in every 25000 plays. Thats figuring every team gets 800 total attempts in a season. Even if you go and say each team averages say 450 passing attempts its still 14000 pass plays that it could happen. So as you can see putting it into the game would be tough because its a rare thing that happens and if they over do it, the game isnt sim and it would bug alot of people.

"Pereira said the rule comes up in games about 12 to 15 times per season and the application of it usually is clear-cut "

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...1401828_2.html
Old 03-26-2009, 09:35 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: New layered blending could cause tuck rule in madden 10 if it is enforced???

I don't completely understand what ur sayin

in the NFL a tuck happens when a QB goes to throw it and then decides not to mid throw(kinda like a pump fake) but then gets sacked... the fumble is null for some reason but the sack stands...correct?

In madden you either press the button to pass or you don't...

it might be interesting to have a possible tuck rule happen when you press pumpfake and get sacked, but that is the only time in the game a tuck rule could be implemented..not saying it should, just Could.

if you press the button to pass the ball it should either count as a fumble or a pass(prolly incompleted), nowhere in between.

Atleast IMO
Old 03-26-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

The tuck rule is one of the stupidest rules in the game. It needs to be taken out of reality, not added in to Madden. If the QB isn't obviously attempting a pass, it should be a fumble, period.

/Yes, I am a bitter Raiders fan, why do you ask?
Old 03-26-2009, 11:02 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 39

I voted Yes just to be back to back with the Raiders guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 11:06 AM   #6

SouthernBrick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
As neat as this could be....Although the tuck rule needs to be removed...It doesnt happen often. To have it properly implentment it would have to occur 12-15 times in every 25000 plays. Thats figuring every team gets 800 total attempts in a season. Even if you go and say each team averages say 450 passing attempts its still 14000 pass plays that it could happen. So as you can see putting it into the game would be tough because its a rare thing that happens and if they over do it, the game isnt sim and it would bug alot of people.

"Pereira said the rule comes up in games about 12 to 15 times per season and the application of it usually is clear-cut "

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...1401828_2.html
Yes i too want this rule removed, But the chargers vs broncos in week 2 changed the extention of which the play can be reveiwed. When they stole week 2 from us. I feel the raiders pain even though when it happened to the raiders it was on a much higher scale in terms of what was on the line for the team.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:10 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

As much as I hate this rule its in the game so I would prefer it in Madden 10 for only that reason realism!
Old 03-26-2009, 11:13 AM   #8

SouthernBrick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sin18
I don't completely understand what ur sayin

in the NFL a tuck happens when a QB goes to throw it and then decides not to mid throw(kinda like a pump fake) but then gets sacked... the fumble is null for some reason but the sack stands...correct?

In madden you either press the button to pass or you don't...

it might be interesting to have a possible tuck rule happen when you press pumpfake and get sacked, but that is the only time in the game a tuck rule could be implemented..not saying it should, just Could.

if you press the button to pass the ball it should either count as a fumble or a pass(prolly incompleted), nowhere in between.

Atleast IMO
I re-edited it, and also added a video of madden 09 of the tuck rule play even though its not implemented in the game it kinda happens every once in a while. Iv'e had this happen more than once before, thats why i think it might increase in more incompletes of what should have been fumbles even more with new layered blending.

But maybe it won't...just guessing here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »