Home

Online Games- Jerseys and opponent ratings

This is a discussion on Online Games- Jerseys and opponent ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2009, 08:07 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Online Games- Jerseys and opponent ratings

hmmm okay how about only some are un-lockable (say if you pass skill level 20 or something like that)... that way you could take pride in earning a jersey that only a select group of players online can use. That way you feel good about having earned that privilege...

Example:

The golden guns in COD:4
and the hayabusa and security armour ( the security one: i think that’s only available to staff) in Halo 3
Old 03-26-2009, 08:18 PM   #10
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

For that to happen, they would also need o fix thier ranking and ladder system. Currently they award players who abuse the game with exploits, cheese and glitches.

I play straight football and the highest I have goten is level 7. level 11+ guys are the top class of cheese ball. I would prefer a ranking system similar to COD 4 where you get experiace points for winning gmaes and participation points, though only a few, when you lose. That you get achivements for yards per carry after x ammount of attempts, and pass completion percetage and others things like COD4.

For every kill you get a marksman point with that gun and after so many kills you unlock attachments. Well how about after so many wins you unlock a jersey instead of your rank? How about unlocking Unranked options to change like wether and stadium and maybe enen, likeI said classic teams, only realitically with out the rosters... maybe even unlock the historic team in game so you can persnoally edit the roster?

Again it is tough and there wouldn't be too many unlockable, but i understand what you are looking for. I have friends who arn't the biggest football fans and don't wanna play Madden in part becasue it doesn't have an RPG/upgrade element like other VIDEO GAMES do. this is the problem of a sim vs non-sim game.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:22 PM   #11
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigspigs76
Apparently this forum is ghetto... why the feck cant i have a picture in my sig. Bandwidth ant that expensive.
I don't think it is "Ghetto" but many people find a ton of pictures unprofessional. I know that i don't like having a million images cluttering up the forums.

I also hate how people quote like 7 thing and giant post and all they say is "QFT; +1; I agree; That sweet!" etc. Can't you just quote/bold the bit you want ot talk about? If it is the whole thing, then can't you just say "@Screenname, I agree 100%" or something?

Oh well. Such is life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 08:28 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 38

Apparently this forum is ghetto... why the feck cant i have a picture in my sig. Bandwidth ant that expensive.

WOW.. the reason, so it doesnt become ghetto like an IGN or Gametrailers
Old 03-26-2009, 08:54 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
WOW.. the reason, so it doesnt become ghetto like an IGN or Gametrailers

Trying to be unique by not allowing people to be creative seems counter productive, i mean why not just have restrictions on the signature.

I am part of other forums that have various rules for there signatures and not having an image in a signature at all is the least interesting... allowing for some visual creativeness even if its only a small one (example: 100x300) makes the place allot more interesting.

LMFAO @ boucher..... selling advertising space in your signature?!? thats jokes yet so lame!

Maybe instead of the useless ring progression you unlock alternate jerseys usable for online play

Last edited by pigspigs76; 03-27-2009 at 12:12 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »