Home

Passing Cone

This is a discussion on Passing Cone within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2009, 07:25 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Passing Cone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Yea man I just didnt get it. I really didnt understand how you cant like the cone. Oh well lets just hope its a option for this year.
I just don't like the way it was implemented. I always found myself hitting the "adjust vc" or whatever you want to call it button before I made every throw. I really didn't notice a difference between qb's because it pretty much added an extra button press for every qb.

I would rather see some other sort of system. Maybe having receiver icons pop up at different intervals, simulating a qb going through a progression. The icons could come up in a faster rate for better qb's and a slower one for players not known for their decision making.

I really don't the right answer and I think the cone could work; its just a hard thing about football to try to simulate, especially since most players have a very limited understanding of what real "reads" are and what the difference between being open and covered is in the NFL.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 14

the cone turned a football game into a video game with an extra button push.While some of you guys with online site surfing abilities may have liked it, the general public did not. and the general public is 99 percent of the sales made. people here are small faction
Old 03-26-2009, 08:00 PM   #11
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

I really didn't see what was so sim about it. You know what sim is? Actually scanning the field and not switching on a flashlight on your helmet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 08:11 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 23

I didn't really like the passing cone because it was unrealistic. How could a QB see the whole field just because he has a revolution helmet? Come on now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg qb-vision-cones-20050719033502541_640w.jpg (48.7 KB, 34 views)
Old 03-26-2009, 08:30 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaint92
I didn't really like the passing cone because it was unrealistic. How could a QB see the whole field just because he has a revolution helmet? Come on now
At the end of the day you do just have to step back and say, hey , its a video game. So having said that, to simulate the ultimate realism you'd put the camera inside the QBs helmet... but that isn't fun for everyone.

I thought the cone did a great job in serving its primary purpose, which was to keep people from running around with their QBs and throwing strikes off their back foot. With the extra button press you really had to set and throw, it was much harder to scramble around like a chicken with no head and fling perfect passes across the field.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:32 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Yes please bring it back. If some people can't use it then give the option to turn it off. I loved that thing!!
Old 03-26-2009, 08:34 PM   #15
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
I really didn't see what was so sim about it. You know what sim is? Actually scanning the field and not switching on a flashlight on your helmet.
unless your tv is 60 inches and you sit two feet away from it.. you never have to turn your head when you play madden. like someone said, realism would be put you at the QBs level and make you use the right stick to look left and right and look thru the passing lanes..

but then 95% of people would suck. so they cant really do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #16
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
unless your tv is 60 inches and you sit two feet away from it.. you never have to turn your head when you play madden. like someone said, realism would be put you at the QBs level and make you use the right stick to look left and right and look thru the passing lanes..

but then 95% of people would suck. so they cant really do that.
The cone was not sim. It just gave and advantage to people with super fast fingers. It killed the strategy of the game and allowed Manning and Brady to be as cheeze as Vick.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »