Home

Will the A.I. start tracking player tendancies or plays?

This is a discussion on Will the A.I. start tracking player tendancies or plays? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2009, 07:43 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 41
Will the A.I. start tracking player tendancies or plays?

I think to have a more SIM experience the A.I. should pick up on 1 play wonders and learn to jump the routes and running lanes.

If someone runs the same play over and over again a NFL player will jump those routes and running plays. Is there a way we can get this in to Madden 10?

I know you can say pick the right defense and stop it but.....

You can only manually control 1 player out of 11 and if you run a Out Route over and over again my CB should jump your route and pick you off.

Has anybody heard anything about this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 08:04 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Will the A.I. start tracking player tendancies or plays?

I would love for AI thats aware of what the human player is doing but I havent heard anything about it. Maybe PM Ian and see if you get a response.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:13 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I would love for AI thats aware of what the human player is doing but I havent heard anything about it. Maybe PM Ian and see if you get a response.
I remember the good ole days when Dreamcast came out and there theme was " Its thinking "

That was for 2K Football and even in APF they don't track the same plays either. I would think that with the kind of Next Gen capabilities that we would see that in these Next Gen Football Games.

As a SIM player it drives me insane when someone can run the same play over and over and watch the A.I. act the same way on the 10 play as they did on the 1st play.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:16 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yes I hate a cheeser...It should be a penalty for doing the same play over and over again.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:57 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

At the moment I run a set of zone coverage plays depending on their personel. There is no point trying to use blitzes and man coverage, because they never work. I'd hate the AI to pick up that I call pretty much the same D all the time and pick that apart, because none of the others work anyway!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 11:16 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickywal
At the moment I run a set of zone coverage plays depending on their personel.
I do the same as well and then make coverage Playmakers based on the formation.....I have good not great D...

I see that making it so that the AI jumps routes based on how many times you run them is a cop out and shouldnt be in the game....

EX: I just learned alot of route combos that REAL nfl teams use every game and added them into my game.....

They will run lets say a curl flats combo on the backside of the formation all the while running a totally diff route combo on the other side....they will do this every play. run curl flats on the backside and run whatever on the other.......

so If i keep running curl flats on the backside and Diff stuff on the other is it fair that the AI can jump that play just bc I run curl flats combo alot on the backside........It should be up to the playcaller to make changes. this separates the good players from the rest imo
Old 03-30-2009, 11:48 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 55

I believe this concept IS in madden already. The "Awareness/Play Stealer" Weapon gives away a play ran too often. Along with this I believe the defense reacts better to it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:17 AM   #8
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

In my opinion...Adaptive AI, is the key to Madden becoming a true simulation game.

Adding this feature, would change Madden from being a game of checkers to chess. Having to game plan and make adjustments is nearly everything in football. Adaptive AI would bring this to the Madden game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »