Home

Old 03-30-2009, 10:58 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
Pancakes?

When i play games my O-Line never accumulate stats like pancakes, on a good day i may have one guy with 1 but the PC gets a lot and when i sim my guys get a good amount but i play most of my games so no matter how good my O-Line is they never get to a pro bowl or ever win any season awards, whats the deal with this? will it be fixed for madden 10?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 11:02 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 35
Re: Pancakes?

yes!
i hate this. never will your linemen make the pro bowl.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:57 PM   #3
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
yes!
i hate this. never will your linemen make the pro bowl.
Especially playing as the cowboys this is quite the shock to me.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:01 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 29

With lead blocking most likely on it's way out of Madden 10 this will be a very interesting stat to watch.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:39 AM   #5
Rookie

c dizzy m baby's Arena

OVR: 8

I saw that thread Ian posted awhile back, and I really hope they dont get rid of Lead Blocking. I use it for fun and honestly dont use it online, but just like everything thing else the need to make it so it isn't so easy to use. Just because Im the center and I hit up on the joy stick after the snap doesn't mean I should be able to pancake Kris Jenkins every play, but If I want to play the center I should be able to. Ive heard that they are going to rework the physics of the hit stick, and IMO they should apply the same physics to Lead Blocking controls. If I want to be my pulling guard on a play and Im going full speed and I see a CB in the hole trying to stop the run that is when I should be able to crush them.

*** Honestly IMO the biggest problem with madden is the fact that when the user presses a button the Devs feel that they have to have the player do something to show the user that he makes an impact. For Example If I hit the swat button with my DB on a deep pass I expect the ball to be knocked down, regardless of how difficult/unrealistic the attempt may be. The same thing applies with Lead Block controls and many other aspects of the game like Rocket Catching etc. Just because I hit up on on the joystick does not mean that I should get a pancake every time, but that is something that can easily be fixed and I really hope that they dont punish us by taking away features on a game that still doesnt have all of the old ones. There is nothing unrealistic about it other than how easy it is to pancake someone, so I see no reason it should be removed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 03:44 AM   #6
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Especially playing as the cowboys this is quite the shock to me.
Really? I didn't think your line was that great.

The best thing about Madden is that the Pro Bowl isn't a popularity contest, so all the best players go... well at least all the best user players go.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:05 AM   #7
Rookie

c dizzy m baby's Arena

OVR: 8

With that said about the new physics you shouldnt have to be running full speed to get a pancake. I was going to add this in my thread I planned on making about the running game, but they are missing many animations for blocking. No you should almost never have most of the "Impact Block" animations without any kind of momentum, but there is a place for those in the game. Madden is missing drive block pancake animations. Not every pancake is going to be a "decleater". There should be simple driving straight over top of the defender animations much like these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cy-i...eature=related

That is a pancake. I really can't recall a single animation that looks anything like the video. Most of the "impact block" animations would be downfield blocking, pulls, screens, special teams blocking et cetera. Also another problem I have with the running game/pancakes is how players get off blocks in Madden. Yes, you should shed blocks, but too often I see this. Im the RB, I hit the B gap on the left side. My center has the DT blocked and the DT cant get by him. I enter the hole with the RB and as Im passing the DT he disengages AWAY from the center and tackles me from the side or behind. Is this realistic? Yes it happens all the time, but every now and then my center should make him pay. I want to see my center plow him into the ground. As my old coach would say, you have him on his heels finish the block. Just imagine you and a friend and you are trying to push him back while he is asked to hold his ground. Well as soon as your friend stops putting his weight/strength into you and instead moves his weight away from you, the same way you are pushing he is pretty easy to knock over.

I was going to start my own thread about a lot of the stuff I mention or may mention soon so I hope Ian really gets a chance to see this.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:04 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 19

If any of you have played Madden on past-gen... User team OL were always winning Best OL awards or going to the Pro-Bowl. Practically the whole OL would have like 100+ pancakes a season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »