Home

carry over fatigue effects

This is a discussion on carry over fatigue effects within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2009, 02:10 PM   #9
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: carry over fatigue effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEAR17
Yea a carry over fatigue would be awesome. Right now whats stopping me from giving the ball to Adrian Peterson 600 times in a season...Nothing cause fatigue or over-using a player doesn't matter
Right, but not only do I want to see fatigue carry over a season, I want to see it carry over a game. Really, if I had to choose, I'd probably prefer to have progressive fatigue over the span of a game rather then over the course of a season.

Then, if there's a robust injury system, we could rely on that to impact the course of a season. For example, injuries of the nagging variety where you have to make choices whether to risk further injury or give that player a rest.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:11 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

This should also be a slider.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:14 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

Well thought out and definitely something that should be compensated for. In previous Madden games, your bench really didn't effect how good or bad you were other than, like, at Running Back for swapping in a special back on certain plays and downs. Players wear down and get better as the season progresses depending on their play time and durability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 02:14 PM   #12
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrob
what do you guys think? about fatigue carry over effects.
My feeling is in franchise mode if I use a player alot, example Kevin Smith running back Detroit Lions. If I give him alot of carries week in and week out his stamina should not be at 100 percent at the beggining of each game (over use) of players and health should effect what your stamina starts at and how rampatly it drops. Thoughts ?
I have been hoping for this for years..Fatigue should be progressive throughtout the season much less the game..NBA 2K does a great job with progressive fatigue..
Old 03-31-2009, 02:16 PM   #13
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Fatigue, Injuries and Player Progression/Regression need to be linked. Over using a player leads to more chronic injuries. Either later in the season or later in the career of the player. Look at LT. He will never be the player he once was partly because he was the workhorse for so many seasons.

Thus, if you use a player too much, he should be more prone to injuries. once a player injures something (i.e. a hamstring, groin), there should be an increased chance of it becoming a chronic injury and ultimately lead to a decline in the player's abilities.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:20 PM   #14
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Right, but not only do I want to see fatigue carry over a season, I want to see it carry over a game. Really, if I had to choose, I'd probably prefer to have progressive fatigue over the span of a game rather then over the course of a season.

Then, if there's a robust injury system, we could rely on that to impact the course of a season. For example, injuries of the nagging variety where you have to make choices whether to risk further injury or give that player a rest.
Totally agree. Game fatigue is huge. A little back shouldn't be able to carry the rock 30 times in a game in the NFL. He should be exhausted to the point of injury at the end of a game if he does.

I do love season fatigue too. I still remember Lamar Smith of Miami carrying the ball 40 times in the playoff game against Indy many years ago. He was a bigger back but 40 times killed him. He could barely get out of bed the next couple days and was useless in the next game.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:17 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 25

I would love that feature. I would also love fatigue to more of a factor in game and makes management of SUBS important.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »