Home

Multiple Ref Crews

This is a discussion on Multiple Ref Crews within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2009, 01:20 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
Multiple Ref Crews

i personally would love to see more than one crew and one main voice always calling penalties. its a proven fact that vegas odds makers handy cap games based on what crew is actually going to call any perticular game.
it's part of the equasion when determining what the opening line will be with this thought by actually having more than one crew in the game you could go a step further and make certain crews call more of a certain penalty than others. in the game how many lines do they actually say not many just need to cyber a few other refs and give them digital life. just a thought any suggestions ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 01:23 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 35
Re: Multiple Ref Crews

Some ref crews can have a terrible game and call phantom calls, some crews can suck some can be the best.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:23 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 39

Sure, why not...but we probably need to slow the wish train down...I mean it was just confirmed we now have refs in the game...but long term I like this idea.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

That's actually not a bad idea, gives us players something extra to worry about. Like real life.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:26 PM   #5
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

interesting...kind of like the multiple umpire crews in MLB 09. Like in my RTTS where I have a pitcher, I know that when ever I have Max Stafford behind home plate then the strike zone will be pretty much even all around but when it's the taller black dude (forget his name in the game) I can get away with high pitches out of the strike zone and still get the call.

I don't know if it'll be in Madden but it'd be interesting to see how they'd implement it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 01:29 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 39

this is an interesting thought. I can see this with future installments, but not 10. They should also think about multiple announcers maybe
Old 03-31-2009, 01:29 PM   #7
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

I had been thinking this same thing. It would add more variety to the game. All they have to do is have a few more ref models and have the game affect your penalty sliders. You could have 3 teams, loose, moderate, strict. The team that's doing your game could be random. The loose team would drop the penalty sliders down a certain amount, the moderate team would keep them the same, and the strict team would raise them a bit. The only problem I can see with this is finding accurate penalty sliders if you don't know what team you have. Other than that, I would love this.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:33 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 6

oh spliff i think you hit it on the nail the penatlty slidders go up and down depending on the crew lol sweet thought.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »