Home

Online Defiance Consequences - Your Opinions?

This is a discussion on Online Defiance Consequences - Your Opinions? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How should quitting and online defiance be handled?
Leave as-is. Post their DNF % and leave it at that. We have lives! 3 8.33%
Keep the DNF % and let the game end with full credit immediately. Us winners have lives! 13 36.11%
Give full credit to the winner immediately and disallow the user to play another game for a set period of time. 9 25.00%
Issue Bans for repeated quitters. Quit 3 times in a day and you're banned for a day. 11 30.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 55
Online Defiance Consequences - Your Opinions?

Far too often we look for a fun gaming experience online facing a random opponent that turns sour, particularly through quitting. Gameplay styles can be debated until our faces are blue, but quitting early on a consistent basis isn't acceptable. Of course life gets in the way at times, but that isn't the case 99% of the time someone quits in Madden.

I personally think the best approach is to block the quitting player from playing another online game a period of time, such as 15 minutes. Most often these quitters just play out the first couple of series and if things don't go their way they quit and start another game immediately.

Banning people outright may be a bit harsh.

I'm also against the feature that forces people to finish games against the CPU to get complete credit. That is a waste of the winner's time. They aren't the problem here.

Just showing the DNF % has it's stigma in lobbies, but still isn't a heavy enough incentive in my opinion to have people stick out games they are losing in.

I'd be interested to hear some thoughts on this. There was a solid article posted a couple of weeks ago here at OS talking about online cheating and quitting. The possibility of being banned on servers was discussed much like Valve's Counterstrike servers.

DNF % = Did not finish percentage

Edit: The third option is regarding the QUITTER not being able to play another game for a set period of time. I said user and that isn't precise enough. I mean't the user who quit. Apologies.

Last edited by CreatineKasey; 03-31-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 35
Re: Online Defiance Consequences - Your Opinions?

Banning or a suspension is the way to go!
Old 03-31-2009, 08:13 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

I would say the ban from live would be good but make the ban longer for the shorter amount of time they quit.

Like if the have 3 quits in 30 mins its a week ban. 3 quits in a hour its 5 days. 4 quits in 12 hour is 2 day ban. 5 quits in 24 hours is a day.(thats a rough draft of it)

This should also alow a mercy rule that doesnt give a person a quit for being mercied and the person who is up gets an automatic win and can choose to play computer or get the win.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 10

O_O So If My Little Cousins are running around the house and just trips over the ethernet cord to my Xbox they should stop letting me play for 15 minutes O_O...Maybe They should just have a lobby (( I DOnt know if they have this or Not))) for people who are sim players and have a 5% or less did not finish. People who quit alot should be limmited to who they play or be downgraded to play in a certain lobby
Old 03-31-2009, 08:26 PM   #5
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I prefer to keep the DNF ratting and lettng us end the game with a win. I don't like the idea of a set amount of drops meaninga ban from EA erver or something becasue there are times that my net connecion is wishy washy. then again, i don't play ranked games durring those times so it shouldn't alter my DNF ratting... hmm.

I feel that constat quitters should be punished, but I havea general ruel for NOT playing against those who havea 20-25% or higher ratting anyway. I also refuse to play someone who has more than two X's in their name and more han 2 numbers in thier name. ThWhile some may not be D-Bags, most every one of them is in all the time I have been on forums and played any online game. I am starting to add people with "iTz" to my list as well.

People who want a ton of X's and/or numbers in thier names are already not very creative and think they are super kewl and want to haz recon armor lololol. Their rofl chopper goes swoiswoiswoiswoiswoiswoiswoiswoiswoiswoi. *sigh, I hate the internet at times*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 08:35 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 10

^^ Lol my i dont play against people with squeeky voices and sometimes people with no gamer picture of their fav team cause to me that means you dont know nothing about football n ull play madden like its nfl streetz...but sometimes it helps to ask if the person your playing is a sim or cheeser...if you ask are you a sim,cheeser/or spammer and they whats that you knowt they are =).
Old 03-31-2009, 08:38 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Far too often we look for a fun gaming experience online facing a random opponent that turns sour, particularly through quitting. Gameplay styles can be debated until our faces are blue, but quitting early on a consistent basis isn't acceptable. Of course life gets in the way at times, but that isn't the case 99% of the time someone quits in Madden.

I personally think the best approach is to block the quitting player from playing another online game a period of time, such as 15 minutes. Most often these quitters just play out the first couple of series and if things don't go their way they quit and start another game immediately.

Banning people outright may be a bit harsh.

I'm also against the feature that forces people to finish games against the CPU to get complete credit. That is a waste of the winner's time. They aren't the problem here.

Just showing the DNF % has it's stigma in lobbies, but still isn't a heavy enough incentive in my opinion to have people stick out games they are losing in.

I'd be interested to hear some thoughts on this. There was a solid article posted a couple of weeks ago here at OS talking about online cheating and quitting. The possibility of being banned on servers was discussed much like Valve's Counterstrike servers.

DNF % = Did not finish percentage

Edit: The third option is regarding the QUITTER not being able to play another game for a set period of time. I said user and that isn't precise enough. I mean't the user who quit. Apologies.
I agree.

Suspension/Ban these players for a certain amount of time. Even if it is 15 minutes I would be satisfied. It just get's ridiculous at times having to sit and play the boring CPU to get a win. I kind of feel like I am being punished.

DNF is simply not enough. Suspension/Ban is the way to go. This show of poor sportsmanship is getting out of control these days. If it’s not a "Successful" cheeser it’s a quitter.

Don't you think?

Are we finally going to get some attention in this years Madden?
Old 03-31-2009, 09:16 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

i think the underlying problem is having to play the computer to get the win. u can beat the computer 99 percent of the time, so what exactly is the logic. i used to love people quitting in the old days, that means it wastes less of my time.

if you got the automatic win, i dont think there would be half the complaints about quitters

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »