Home

Is anyone bothered by the Formation Sub Navigation?

This is a discussion on Is anyone bothered by the Formation Sub Navigation? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2009, 09:20 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Is anyone bothered by the Formation Sub Navigation?

I just want to make sure this gets visibility... and I promise it's the last time I'll bring it up.

I found the ability to do formation subs from the play call screen fantastic in Madden 09. I mean, that feature was a gem!

However... for the life of me I could not understand what I was not able to use the UP and DOWN d-pad arrows to navigate the formation, and was only restricted to LEFT and RIGHT.

Was this by design or was it a bug? Either way, PLEASE allow us to use UP, DOWN, LEFT and RIGHT when navigating the formation screen in the auto sub feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 11:05 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Is anyone bothered by the Formation Sub Navigation?

I hated the fact that you could only make formation subs during the play call screen. Many times I didn't have enough time to make formations subs before my opponent picked their play.

For the life of me , I can't understand why thry just didn't put formation subs in the pause menu like it is in current gen. If it ain't broke, why fix it ?
Old 04-02-2009, 11:20 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

Bring back regular formation subs, so that I can this before I play my game. Ugh certain plays Reggie Bush couldn't run but Deuce could.

Damn ea
Old 04-03-2009, 03:17 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
I hated the fact that you could only make formation subs during the play call screen. Many times I didn't have enough time to make formations subs before my opponent picked their play.

For the life of me , I can't understand why thry just didn't put formation subs in the pause menu like it is in current gen. If it ain't broke, why fix it ?
I really actually like the way it's set up right now. BUT I think it needs to be fixed. I think package subs get messed up a little after you make certain formation subs.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:22 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

I loved the formation sub system... just give me the ability to navigate the formation with UP / Down as well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 35

good point
Old 04-03-2009, 03:45 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

I agree that you need to be able to make formation subs before the game. I would really like a lot more options for subbing my players, custom packages, formation subs or preferably formation depth charts, additions to depth charts, player matchups with the option to have those matchups override the depth chart so if I have my #3 corner guarding their number 3 receiver then when their #3 receiver comes in my corner will check in to guard him, etc.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:03 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
I really actually like the way it's set up right now. BUT I think it needs to be fixed. I think package subs get messed up a little after you make certain formation subs.
Why? It's better to have the option to do it in the pause menu or before the game. 10 seconds isn't enough time to make a formation sub and then pick the play you want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »