Home

"An immersive broadcast presentation that captures the suspense and emotion...."

This is a discussion on "An immersive broadcast presentation that captures the suspense and emotion...." within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2009, 10:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
"An immersive broadcast presentation that captures the suspense and emotion...."

I am hoping ea finally gets it right with presentation. if the espn license isn't used more (ala nfl2k5) i will be very disappointed. What do you guys think will be added presentation wise in madden 10?

Hey, Ian, i know you can't get into specifics, but will the espn license be used more in madden 10 than in years past?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 10:16 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: "An immersive broadcast presentation that captures the suspense and emotion...."

I just hope they actually come through with their claims. Too many times EA has promised "immersive presentation with intensity that rivals the NFL." Then when the game is released the game has the emotion of a bowl of creamed-corn.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:16 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: "An immersive broadcast presentation that captures the suspense and emotion...."

Considering the mention of making 'The networks want to use the same presentation' (paraphrased), I am rather excited about this.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:20 PM   #4
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

They got the espn license more so just to hoard it.

With that being said I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see NFL Network implementation ala Head Coach 09.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:46 PM   #5
Banned

N@X_WiZaRD's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm expecting ESPN 2k5-like presentation (if not better). Anything less would be an insult to the EA fanbase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 11:56 PM   #6
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I would prefer NFL Network presentation. I've seen ESPN and, quite honestly, I want something new. Besides, Hammond and Collingsworth... whatever you think of their voice work... are credible football people. They wouldn't fit in in an ESPN atmosphere.

I say EA should just let the ESPN license go. NFL 2k5 was the only time the license amounted to anything and it certainly wasn't that that sold the game. Nobody's gonna come out with an ESPN licensed football game without NFL teams and knock Madden off the mountain top.

I'll take EASN over ESPN to be honest. Quality presentation means far more than what network is used. NFL 2k5 had great presentation, regardless of what companies graphics they used.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:19 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I would prefer NFL Network presentation. I've seen ESPN and, quite honestly, I want something new. Besides, Hammond and Collingsworth... whatever you think of their voice work... are credible football people. They wouldn't fit in in an ESPN atmosphere.

I say EA should just let the ESPN license go. NFL 2k5 was the only time the license amounted to anything and it certainly wasn't that that sold the game. Nobody's gonna come out with an ESPN licensed football game without NFL teams and knock Madden off the mountain top.

I'll take EASN over ESPN to be honest. Quality presentation means far more than what network is used. NFL 2k5 had great presentation, regardless of what companies graphics they used.
Yeah man you hit it spot on. they should be done with it because we've already seen it done, and I doubt there will every be a game presentation wise like 2K5. And like ESPN, the NFL Network airs the draft and they too have a draft guru, so they should start fresh as far as licence agreements are concerned.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:40 AM   #8
Banned

N@X_WiZaRD's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't actually care if they use ESPN either. I just want ESPN 2k5-like presentation. That is, they should pick a network, and present everything like that specific network would present it. Or if they don't want to use a real network, then they should make a network that imitates an actually existing network in every facet. I'm talking pre-game, game-time, half-time, and post-game pageantry. Then they should finish this off by having a weekly post-game wrap-up that discusses all the games (at least the important ones), along with the trades/releases/injuries of the week.

For the playoffs, I want special presentation that actually makes you feel like you're in a "one-and-done" atmosphere. ESPN 2k5 did this beautifully by having special intros for every playoff game. They also had huge celebratory sequences for the Super Bowl (should you make it that far). All the good networks highlight these moments so if Madden is truly going for an "immersive broadcast presentation" then having these elements is an absolute requirement .

Last edited by N@X_WiZaRD; 04-01-2009 at 02:44 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »