Home

Well, I got a few of you...

This is a discussion on Well, I got a few of you... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2009, 08:38 PM   #73
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Well, I got a few of you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Fun fact - I actually had FIVE different managers come up to me today and ask "how the hell are we going to get this done in Alpha?!?"...so it wasn't just you all that fell for it.
[rude] Doesn't that show how right we can be when we are criticle about EA? That just shows how dumb some of the people who work there can be.[/rude]

I do think it was funny that they fell for it, and it was funny to me all the DEEP sarcasm that was written in it by you. the bit about the squiggly lines was priceless and all the on-the-fly tunning of a color chart about what kind of pass would be good and where it would be good. i thought the explanation was laugh out loud funny I couldn't hardly belive people fell for it. I thought you were Lampoomning yourselves more than trying to trick people. this seems like something a Madden fan would do a joke for Madden, not a serious feature.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:46 PM   #74
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

The fact that when I opened it and saw the vision cone with jagged edges immediately gave it away, then I started reading the sattire.

I can't belive how niave some people are. rofl.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:47 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
Not cool Ian, I always liked the vision cone, and wished it would come back; it's not nice to play with people's emotions.

Ditto.
Don't worry son!
My emotions got crushed as well.

Are we finally going to get some attention in this years Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #76
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14

Great prank. Sure fooled a lot of people and got hopes up!

But good makeup for it. Those incomplete passes because the receiver didn't make a better attempt of staying in bounce were very frustrating and made the out route more difficult. Good to see this is worked on.

I would like to see animations that make the receiver stop on the dime so they can go upfeild instead of going out of bounce if they can. Of course AI should be smart enough so they don't do it and end up getting themself killed. Only attempt to do so when they have the chance and if need be, need to attack aggressively since they're battling against time and need to catchup in the scoreboard. How well a player can do this in as short of distance as realistically possible should be based on the factors of the receiver agility, balance, size, and even field conditions. If it's a rainy game and the field is at the point that traction is slippery, players may even slip up!
Old 04-01-2009, 10:20 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ian you get major points for taking your precious personal time to explain and clarify certain aspects of Madden NFL 10. You epitomize professionalism.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:04 AM   #78
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta
Looking at the cleats I would say/think it would be possible to add colors to them but there not new. (Linemen cleats of '09)

Seeing that the colors are inverted gives me reason to believe it can be done. If it will is another story.
im just hoping that there will be a way to customize the cleats colors not just pick cleat that are already colored but edit the colors all over the cleats including the bottom of the cleats
Old 04-02-2009, 01:24 AM   #79
Pro

OVR: 10

Will this have any affect on user controlled wide receivers(superstar mode)??..Is there at least a button we can press to try to stay in bounds instead of hoping for the right animation?
Old 04-02-2009, 01:55 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 7

i for one am glad it was a joke i hated the vision cone

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »