Home

The Madden NFL 10 Multiple Camera Angle Thread

This is a discussion on The Madden NFL 10 Multiple Camera Angle Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What do multiple camera angles mean to you?
Nothing 293 40.81%
I will be very upset if they aren't included in Madden NFL 10 326 45.40%
I will not buy or play Madden NFL 10 if they aren't included 99 13.79%
Voters: 718. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2009, 11:56 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: I doubt there will be new camera angles in Madden 10

There SHOULD be an option for you non widescreen folks but the fact is that these games (ALL Xbox 360/PS3 games) are made with wide screens in mind. You're missing out on screen space in every game you play in 4:3 (standard tv). In Halo 3 you're missing out on people around you, in RE 5 you're missing enemies, etc etc. The fact is you're not getting the experience that the developer intended with a standard TV. Right now as I'm waiting for my new TV I'm playing on an SDTV. It's annoying but definitely functionable.

Doesn't mean that there shouldn't be multiple camera types though. I understand the complaints, because even people with HDTVs should have the option to choose their preferred view. I'm just saying, with all the other issues in Madden I can understand why this isn't top priority for Ian.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2009, 12:21 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 11

I am floored by all the support for multiple camera angles this year. EA, its time to step up get up to par with the very least all other sports games are giving to us.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:41 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 10

Ian or phil, can u explain to me what is so difficult about multiple camera angles. All Pro 2k8 had them and that was a next gen game.

If we only have that one camera angle like in 09, u are really going to hurt the immersion of the game and its a thumb in the community face. We all have really stressed this in the wishlist and forums.

I know a lot of people might disagree, but its been 5 years now. This is unacceptable and this is what we get with only one developer for the NFL. I pray that im wrong and we do have multiple camera angles in 2010.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
We haven't responded yet because we just don't know for sure yet. This is still in flux (along with many other things). We still have it on our list to complete (i.e. it isn't cut for 10), but I will never confirm or deny features going in the game until I actually see them myself...I don't want to get burned like ol' Peter Molyneux and end up on Kotaku as promising something and not delivering.

We'll be able to tell you guys for sure a little closer to beta. You guys will be the first to know.

To the OP, you are right on, this isn't something we'd be 'saving' for the back of the box. That would be sad.
Let us know if you need any help prioritizing. We will be glad to help.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:19 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
For the people will problems seeing in the flats, can i ask this: You know Madden is made for widescreen tv's right?

I know if you want a custom camera to see the game from a different angle, but requesting a camera to see the flats, when you should buy a widescreen tv is thwarted logic imo.
I have a 47 " Wide Screen HD TV... and I can't see the flats on teh PS3. I know the 360 has a console feature that can help, but the PS3 does not as far as I know.

And playing D for me is absolutely zero fun because the camera is too close to field level and there's just too much crap in the way... I prefer to be zoomed out and higher up so I can see everything develop.

Last edited by CapnKill; 03-20-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2009, 01:29 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 21

For once, I'd love to see them give us a camera angle on defense that puts us behind the defenders so that we're running up field towards the offense instead of down. I suppose a custom camera would allow us to do that, too. This and a TV broadcast cam (i.e., side view) are the camera options I'm looking for. The same ol' behind the QB cam (God view) has felt STALE to me for years now.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:39 PM   #47
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsBoYee
I am floored by all the support for multiple camera angles this year. EA, its time to step up get up to par with the very least all other sports games are giving to us.
The support for camera angles have been going on for years..why this isnt a priority for EA I don't know..The action cam was terrible last year and like many others custom camera angles helps everyone to be immersed in the game...I know or I guess Ian is trying but this should have been a complete non-issue by now..it's 2009 folks!!!
Old 03-20-2009, 02:02 PM   #48
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
To the OP, you are right on, this isn't something we'd be 'saving' for the back of the box. That would be sad.
Glad to see thats the direction of madden now. This is giving me faith in Ian and co.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »