Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Mar 2009
An option to ban plays

We all know that Ian and company are putting in a great effort to provide us a great game. However I got to believe that no matter how much work they put into Madden 10 Someone will figure out how to exploit a play or two. So I was thinking how about giving us an option to ban certain plays from leagues on online rooms. What do you think?
rightallthetime is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 08:50 AM   #2
JMD
MVP
 
JMD's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MAINE
Posts: 4,321
Re: An option to ban plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightallthetime
We all know that Ian and company are putting in a great effort to provide us a great game. However I got to believe that no matter how much work they put into Madden 10 Someone will figure out how to exploit a play or two. So I was thinking how about giving us an option to ban certain plays from leagues on online rooms. What do you think?
I say no you can't ban plays. If you are in a league you should set up a set of rules for fair play. EXAMPLE: A league I was in from a different game banned the flea flicker because it's a cheap easy play. That is all you have to do. As far as online goes you just have to tighten up your defense.

When I play Madden 09 online I have a certain set of plays, 10 passing and 6 running, that I always start my game off with. Some plays seem to work more then others, but usually my opponent can figure out what I'm up to if I do not mix it up as the game progresses.

A play that one person feels should be banned another may not, who's to decide? This is a can of worms that should not be opened.
JMD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:55 AM   #3
Banned
 
OVR: 29
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Athens, OH
Re: An option to ban plays

The only thing I can think of (that would still be a bad idea) is having a limit on how many times you can pick the same play. Once you run a certain play, I dunno... 6 times...you lose that play and have to go elsewhere for your next play.
marktg30 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:11 AM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: An option to ban plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightallthetime
We all know that Ian and company are putting in a great effort to provide us a great game. However I got to believe that no matter how much work they put into Madden 10 Someone will figure out how to exploit a play or two. So I was thinking how about giving us an option to ban certain plays from leagues on online rooms. What do you think?
its a great idea and shows the type of thinking that would have really benefitted ea in past years... the line of thinking that: "no matter how good a job we do, we will always miss something, so we should give the users control to deal with it on their end" put the control in our hands. cameras, controls, playbooks, allowing us to exclude things (like plays, which you mentioned) or other elements like user catching(if say you wanted to eliminate RC in your league) or how frequently you can juke (eliminate studda step back in the day) your mind is clearly thinking in a realistic way and your solution is outstanding. however i think ego and vision can get in the way when developing a game.
BostonJay14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:47 AM   #5
MVP
 
OVR: 23
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Newark, Nottinghamshire, England
Blog Entries: 7
Re: An option to ban plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
The only thing I can think of (that would still be a bad idea) is having a limit on how many times you can pick the same play. Once you run a certain play, I dunno... 6 times...you lose that play and have to go elsewhere for your next play.
That isn't a bad idea. I'm not sure I agree with it, but I think it's one of the better ideas on the issue.
Cryolemon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 10:09 AM   #6
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jul 2006
Re: An option to ban plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
The only thing I can think of (that would still be a bad idea) is having a limit on how many times you can pick the same play. Once you run a certain play, I dunno... 6 times...you lose that play and have to go elsewhere for your next play.
Good idea, but 6 is a lot, I would think, with the amount of plays in a playbook, there really isn't any more need to run the same play more then 2-3 times max! What they need to do is get rid of mannual catching, since a CP receiver won't make the same catch ALL day long! And a fast, yet "poo poo" LB won't make the pic... That's what results in cheese more then the plays themselves IMHO...
Swingking77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:15 AM   #7
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: An option to ban plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I say no you can't ban plays. If you are in a league you should set up a set of rules for fair play. EXAMPLE: A league I was in from a different game banned the flea flicker because it's a cheap easy play. That is all you have to do. .

You say you can't ban plays, and then you say that all you have to do is ban a play in a league. Which is it? all I am saying is why can't we have an option to create a room online for example no flea flicker and be able to go to a menu screen and ban the flea flicker that way jerks can't come in and use it. Have them create a custom set of house rules that the game itself will enforcefficeffice" />>>
>>
rightallthetime is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:29 AM   #8
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: An option to ban plays

Are you serious??? If you cant stop your opponent then you deserve to lose. I get that you want to stop cheezers but really you want to lose plays cause you use them too much? If you have a crappy interior dline I'm going to expose it as such and if you cant stop me figure something out or go play the cpu.
packfan2009 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:58 PM.

Top -