Home

An option to ban plays

This is a discussion on An option to ban plays within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
An option to ban plays

We all know that Ian and company are putting in a great effort to provide us a great game. However I got to believe that no matter how much work they put into Madden 10 Someone will figure out how to exploit a play or two. So I was thinking how about giving us an option to ban certain plays from leagues on online rooms. What do you think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 08:50 AM   #2
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: An option to ban plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightallthetime
We all know that Ian and company are putting in a great effort to provide us a great game. However I got to believe that no matter how much work they put into Madden 10 Someone will figure out how to exploit a play or two. So I was thinking how about giving us an option to ban certain plays from leagues on online rooms. What do you think?
I say no you can't ban plays. If you are in a league you should set up a set of rules for fair play. EXAMPLE: A league I was in from a different game banned the flea flicker because it's a cheap easy play. That is all you have to do. As far as online goes you just have to tighten up your defense.

When I play Madden 09 online I have a certain set of plays, 10 passing and 6 running, that I always start my game off with. Some plays seem to work more then others, but usually my opponent can figure out what I'm up to if I do not mix it up as the game progresses.

A play that one person feels should be banned another may not, who's to decide? This is a can of worms that should not be opened.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:55 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 29

The only thing I can think of (that would still be a bad idea) is having a limit on how many times you can pick the same play. Once you run a certain play, I dunno... 6 times...you lose that play and have to go elsewhere for your next play.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:11 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightallthetime
its a great idea and shows the type of thinking that would have really benefitted ea in past years... the line of thinking that: "no matter how good a job we do, we will always miss something, so we should give the users control to deal with it on their end" put the control in our hands. cameras, controls, playbooks, allowing us to exclude things (like plays, which you mentioned) or other elements like user catching(if say you wanted to eliminate RC in your league) or how frequently you can juke (eliminate studda step back in the day) your mind is clearly thinking in a realistic way and your solution is outstanding. however i think ego and vision can get in the way when developing a game.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:47 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
The only thing I can think of (that would still be a bad idea) is having a limit on how many times you can pick the same play. Once you run a certain play, I dunno... 6 times...you lose that play and have to go elsewhere for your next play.
That isn't a bad idea. I'm not sure I agree with it, but I think it's one of the better ideas on the issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 10:09 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Good idea, but 6 is a lot, I would think, with the amount of plays in a playbook, there really isn't any more need to run the same play more then 2-3 times max! What they need to do is get rid of mannual catching, since a CP receiver won't make the same catch ALL day long! And a fast, yet "poo poo" LB won't make the pic... That's what results in cheese more then the plays themselves IMHO...
Old 04-03-2009, 10:15 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I say no you can't ban plays. If you are in a league you should set up a set of rules for fair play. EXAMPLE: A league I was in from a different game banned the flea flicker because it's a cheap easy play. That is all you have to do. .

You say you can't ban plays, and then you say that all you have to do is ban a play in a league. Which is it? all I am saying is why can't we have an option to create a room online for example no flea flicker and be able to go to a menu screen and ban the flea flicker that way jerks can't come in and use it. Have them create a custom set of house rules that the game itself will enforcefficeffice" />>>
>>
Old 04-03-2009, 10:29 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Are you serious??? If you cant stop your opponent then you deserve to lose. I get that you want to stop cheezers but really you want to lose plays cause you use them too much? If you have a crappy interior dline I'm going to expose it as such and if you cant stop me figure something out or go play the cpu.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »