Home

I Want The CPU To Juke, Spin and Demolish Me

This is a discussion on I Want The CPU To Juke, Spin and Demolish Me within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2009, 03:28 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: I Want The CPU To Juke, Spin and Demolish Me

Wouldn't it be nice if some of the Devs (the ones that are decent at Madden) would program some of their own Sim gameplay tendencies into the game.

Something like the VIP system (in 2K)... only better.

I would love to see the opposing team run a play like I am playing a great sim player.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:36 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 10

That would be insanely fun. I want when i play A. Peterson to really have to gear my defense to stopping him. Really have to send extra's to the box and everything. And then make me pay for it by throwing deep off a playaction ect.....

The day the cpu Ai catches up witht the human will be a great day in the land of madden football. I believe I've read Ian say something along the lines of losing on PRO level somewhere......So that could be a good sign I hope, or just Ian goofing around lol.

But I really would love if the cpu could read and react to what we are doing. Like I love to play SS and bring my guy down but I NEVER have to pay for it. I could leave Randy Moss alone on the right side with my 3rd DB on him and still not have to worry about bringing my SS down to the box. To me thats just horrific! 1 day i will have to pay for the way I play...... thats its Madden10.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:18 PM   #11
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm bias...but man, that AP run looked terrific.

Yeah I'd love to see the cpu break more runs like this. As it is now...yeah I pretty much can ignore the cpu running game. Which is messed up.

As the poster above said...the cpu RB's constantly miss the holes, by juking right out of them. Or run parallel, instead of turning up field when they should. Seems like it's been like this forever playing the cpu. An unstoppable passing game, and terrible run game. I pray this is fixed for M10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2009, 04:26 PM   #12
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1

Yeah I'd love to see the cpu break more runs like this. As it is now...yeah I pretty much can ignore the cpu running game. Which is messed up.

As the poster above said...the cpu RB's constantly miss the holes, by juking right out of them. Or run parallel, instead of turning up field when they should. Seems like it's been like this forever playing the cpu. An unstoppable passing game, and terrible run game. I pray this is fixed for M10.
Co-Sign.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-05-2009, 05:14 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
You may be bias, but you are absolutely RIGHT. As soon as he took the hand off I loved the sprint animation he went into. Not to mention the rest of the run. I can't believe that was last years Madden, makes you wonder what they have in store for us this year.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:57 PM   #14
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I have to agree, I don't think CPU ball carriers are even close to trying their hardest in current Madden's. They seem happy enough usually just running right into defenders, often without trying anything at all to evade or break the tackle. Good if it's LenDale White (zing!), but not much else.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:19 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 29

EA SPORTS World: Jamal Lewis Runs Over Three Giants For TD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 10:38 AM   #16
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
That's all well and good but does not address the problem. Jamal did not hit the hole cleanly. He did not make any small moves to get away, the CPU just turned off the human tackling. That's NOT good football simulation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »