Home

So, we pretty much got nothing new in this blog.

This is a discussion on So, we pretty much got nothing new in this blog. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 07:03 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: So, we pretty much got nothing new in this blog.

go get laid.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:08 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
for those disappointed, what were you expecting/anticipating to read?
Maybe something along the lines of "Sorry we couldn't touch up on the presentation expect information about presentation updates in the future."

We didn't get a word. Not even a letter. Why are they so worried about hinting at new content, are they worried their competitors will mimic their ideas? Oh wait...

Great, so the CPU actually reacts like it should. Wow, great news to read! You mean the CPU will actually do what it is programmed to do and not act completely bonkers like it did for the last 4 years? Damn guys, why didn't you tell me sooner? I would of picked up a few bottles of wine to congratulate the fantastic news!

Hell, having a CPU work properly was an entry barrier in the 1990s. But I'm suppose to get excited because the CPU actually does what it should of done in 2000?

The difference between 2k and Madden is that 2k landed the physics and basics of football in their first few years, then added on top of it with presentation content. Madden is still trying to get the basics down. How the hell am I suppose to get excited about news that the game now plays like an average PS2 game?

Call me crazy. Hell, I might be overreacting a bit early. But, I'm expressing my mind on the matter. Hopefully the devs read this and see that not everyone is hypnotized by their "hey guys, when your QB passes, the ball doesn't go through his hand anymore!" talk. (The sad thing is, the ball probably does still go through the QB's hand, rofl.)

Hey, while I have everyone's attention, hopefully the devs too. How about you make the players actually run realistically, and not like robots designed by the japanese military.

Take what I post as it is. But I'm not letting these guys off the hook this easily. If you do that, then they'll just slack off more. I payed $19.99 (plus tax) in 2004 for a PS2 football game that is far and away superior to a game that costs $59.99 on vastly superior computer systems.

There are no more excuses. Not anymore. I'm tired of it. I bought 2007, then 2008, then 2009. Each year I gave in to the "don't worry, we revolutionized it this year" talk, but not this year.

If the presentation upgrades are not vastly superior to an old generation game that came out five years ago, then I will not be purchasing this game. End of story. I'll forever update the best football game of all time if I have to. (Do I ever need to say it's name?)

End of my rant. I hope some good comes from this post and makes some people realize how dumb some of this "new technology" is. Seriously.

Last edited by Echopax; 04-06-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:10 PM   #35
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

ian_cummings- "Rest assured franchise has plenty of new stuff...we aren't going to "just tune it" all year."
3 minutes ago from web

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #36
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax
Maybe something along the lines of "Sorry we couldn't touch up on the presentation expect information about presentation updates in the future."

We didn't get a word. Not even a letter. Why are they so worried about hinting at new content, are they worried their competitors will mimic their ideas? Oh wait...

Great, so the CPU actually reacts like it should. Wow, great news to read! You mean the CPU will actually do what it is programmed to do and not act completely bonkers like it did for the last 4 years? Damn guys, why didn't you tell me sooner? I would of picked up a few bottles of wine to congratulate the fantastic news!

Hell, having a CPU work properly was an entry barrier in the 1990s. But I'm suppose to get excited because the CPU actually does what it should of done in 2000?

The difference between 2k and Madden is that 2k landed the physics and basics of football in their first few years, then added on top of it with presentation content. Madden is still trying to get the basics down. How the hell am I suppose to get excited about news that the game now plays like an average PS2 game?

Call me crazy. Hell, I might be overreacting a bit early. But, I'm expressing my mind on the matter. Hopefully the devs read this and see that not everyone is hypnotized by their "hey guys, when your QB passes, the ball doesn't go through his hand anymore!" talk.

Hey, while I have anyone's attention, hopefully the devs. How about you make the players actually run realistically, and not like robots designed by the japanese military.

Take what I post as it is. But I'm not letting these guys off the hook this easily. If you do that, then they'll just slack off more. I payed $19.99 (plus tax) in 2004 for a PS2 football game that is far and away superior to a game that costs $59.99 on vastly superior computer systems.

There are no more excuses. Not anymore. I'm tired of it. I bought 2007, then 2008, then 2009. Each year I gave in to the "don't worry, we revolutionized it this year" talk, but not this year.

If the presentation upgrades are not vastly superior to an old generation game that came out five years ago, then I will not be purchasing this game. End of story. I'll forever update the best football game of all time if I have to. (Do I ever need to say it's name?)

End of my rant. I hope some good comes from this post and makes some people realize how dumb some of this "new technology" is. Seriously.

Yeah, you're over-reacting. And why would you expect them to talk about presentation in a franchise blog?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-06-2009, 07:15 PM   #37
Banned

I guess I was over-reacting the last three years too, then. Every year it's the same feeling. Everyone is pumped up just to be let down.

What are you talking about, by the way? Presentation has as much to do with franchise as it does on the football field. The only reason you don't think it ties into it is because you haven't seen it the past, what, eternity in Madden football?
Old 04-06-2009, 07:17 PM   #38
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax

Save yourself some anguish and just stop following the game for now, and come back and check on it on around August 1st. All should be reveled by then, and you can decide if you will continue to upgrade the G.O.A.T. or not.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Save yourself some anguish and just stop following the game for now, and come back and check on it on around August 1st. All should be reveled by then, and you can decide if you will continue to upgrade the G.O.A.T. or not.
You're probably right. As a matter of fact, I think it's time to do some franchise in the G.O.A.T to cool off. I still need to trade Cutler to the Bears!
Old 04-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 35

Why are you guys jumping all over the OP?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »