Home

You guys realize this isn't the only franchise blog, right?

This is a discussion on You guys realize this isn't the only franchise blog, right? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49
You guys realize this isn't the only franchise blog, right?

It seems like a lot of people expected to find out everything about franchise mode in this blog. It's ONE blog, in APRIL. They're not going to announce everything they've changed/added to franchise. Calm down. It's not a repeat of last year.

And for those whining that nothing 'new' was announced today and that they just fixed old stuff that was broken, what do you want? It's impossible to please people like this. They're damned if they don't fix it, and damned if they do.

Calm down, there will be MORE FRANCHISE BLOGS, with NEW FEATURES. Don't get all worried just because it wasn't in this blog.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: You guys realize this isn't the only franchise blog, right?

From what I see, most issues are with the changes mentioned, not the fact not enough new stuff was talked about.

Preset rookies, static regression and knowing the potential rating of the QB I just chose 1st overall all sound like pretty bad ideas IMO. I *do* want to play franchise mode more than once after all.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:22 PM   #3
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Some people were just waiting for the first opportunity to pounce, just ignore it cause it won't be the last time.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
From what I see, most issues are with the changes mentioned, not the fact not enough new stuff was talked about.

Preset rookies, static regression and knowing the potential rating of the QB I just chose 1st overall all sound like pretty bad ideas IMO. I *do* want to play franchise mode more than once after all.
Actually, no. People are mad because this blog just focused on things that are already in the game being fixed. Draft logic and offseason logic have been broke forever, yet people are complaining that they put that in the blog, and didnt mention any other groundbreaking features.

People act as if it is July and the game is set to come out a 3-4 weeks, when it is actually 4 months away. Id say we know only about a quarter of what is actually going to be in the game. Ian and Josh both said there is a ton more to franchise, presentation and gameplay that has yet to be unveled, yet people on here are still crying because they wont say everything right now.

Some of these guys just want a reason to b1tch...thats all there is to it.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:44 PM   #5
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Well I must have filtered out those posts, because most of what I see is people questioning the changes that have been made.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 08:48 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Well I must have filtered out those posts, because most of what I see is people questioning the changes that have been made.
We are on the same page...

They ARE questioning the changes, but MOST are complaining that they are just talking about fixing things that were in the game already, just broken.

For instance, here is the title of one of the threads...

New Blog Today: "We'll fix broke stuff"
Old 04-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #7
MVP

Clarke_311's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
It seems like a lot of people expected to find out everything about franchise mode in this blog. It's ONE blog, in APRIL. They're not going to announce everything they've changed/added to franchise. Calm down. It's not a repeat of last year.

And for those whining that nothing 'new' was announced today and that they just fixed old stuff that was broken, what do you want? It's impossible to please people like this. They're damned if they don't fix it, and damned if they do.

Calm down, there will be MORE FRANCHISE BLOGS, with NEW FEATURES. Don't get all worried just because it wasn't in this blog.
Yeah I know, you can never please these guys, they could make the best game ever and people would still be complaining.
Toronto Blue Jays Fan
Philadelphia Eagles Fan
Old 04-06-2009, 08:57 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
We are on the same page...

They ARE questioning the changes, but MOST are complaining that they are just talking about fixing things that were in the game already, just broken.

For instance, here is the title of one of the threads...

New Blog Today: "We'll fix broke stuff"
Not necessarily questioning it. I mean, I'm glad they are fixing broke things, I'm not dumb. It's just some things I felt, should go unsaid, as I mention in the post. Peyton Manning being released should never happen. In my franchise, Manning got released and didn't get signed by a team until 2 years later.

Things like this shouldn't need recognition or its own blog. I'm not crying or b*tching about things, I just wish the first Franchise blog touched on something else, I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »