Home

Little tuning goes a long way ex. FIFA 09

This is a discussion on Little tuning goes a long way ex. FIFA 09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2009, 05:01 PM   #9
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Little tuning goes a long way ex. FIFA 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
i don't know how fifa got so good over night. FIFA 08 was alright, but nothing groundbreaking. THen bam FIFA 09, amazing.
Hopefully that translates to Madden as well this year. God it's good to be a sports gamer right now.

Got me thinking (a dangerous past time, I know)... passionate arguments again! Because (we think, at least) we're gonna get a game worth arguing about. I'm excited for the 2010 lineup... NCAA 10, Madden 10, NHL 10, FIFA 10... should be a good year.

Now if only we could get MVP back. I ain't got an extra 400 bucks for a PS3 right now (and, honestly, I preferred MVP's mechanics... if it can match The Show in other areas, I'll probably be more of an MVP guy).

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 04-07-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli_Sunday
For the people who complain about all the tuning blogs, it's exactly the way to go. FIFA 09 didn't do anything groundbreaking but they tuned little things from FIFA 08, things like momentum and the way players plant their feet, the feel of the game was so much better by tuning the little things. Have faith

LOL fifa is still a joke. its too predictable etc.

PES or winning 11 is still king!
Old 04-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #11
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram29jackson

Yeah, because only being able to move in 8 directions is so NextGen.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #12
Rookie

Murkurial's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram29jackson

PES isn't really the king, but I do find it funny that people actually think FIFA 09 is amazing. You guys really need to pick it up and play it like you have with Madden, you'll find the flaws.

FIFA 08 was, in my opinion, this close to being the best of all the one's that I'd played, and then EA took it into arcade territory with 09.

If you don't watch or play soccer, then the super highlight reel, fast pace, rocket goal style of FIFA 09 will definitely make you think it's the best soccer game on the planet. It's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Yeah, because only being able to move in 8 directions is so NextGen.
And FIFA's only lookin' at about 16 directions. Both have control and movement issues.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:39 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 39

Bah...soccer!?
Old 04-07-2009, 05:50 PM   #14
49ers

adembroski's Arena

I'd love to keep arguing this, but it's not the point of the thread, and it'll get closed if the subject becomes FIFA instead of FIFA as it relates to Madden.

-Mark Twain.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:53 PM   #15
Rookie

Murkurial's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I'd love to keep arguing this, but it's not the point of the thread, and it'll get closed if the subject becomes FIFA instead of FIFA as it relates to Madden.
In my opinion FIFA has a bit to learn from Madden, specifically as it involves the way Ian has kept people abreast of the changes being made and has actually taken community feedback into account when making changes to the game.

He also seems to be focusing on realism where as FIFA 09, it's been widely accepted, has opted to appeal solely to the masses and make the game incredibly conducive to online, exploit-laden gameplay. FIFA 08 was hailed by many as actually taking skill in the build-up to break the defense down whereas 09 is more about who can get the ball to the fastest player and run past the defense. An already lackluster Manager Mode hasn't even been touched and all you really need to do is play a few online matches to see where this game went wrong. It's not horrible, and I wouldn't buy PES over it for any reason, but it's definitely taken a step in the wrong direction.

Just take a look at the FIFA forums on the EA community site. I could argue this point for days, and I'd win, but as you said, this isn't the thread for it.

EDIT: All of the arcadey play cropped up with the introduction of a completely new team headed by David Rutter, for FIFA 09. Joe Booth, who produced both FIFA 07 and 08, was for some reason not asked to return. I guess the game was getting too realistic.

Last edited by Murkurial; 04-07-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2009, 05:59 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 7

I haven't stayed with ncaa this year, probably won't buy it. All I have heard is bad things about it and something called wind socks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »