Home

Why is John Madden no longer the announcer?

This is a discussion on Why is John Madden no longer the announcer? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2009, 05:20 PM   #25
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Why is John Madden no longer the announcer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnofx
After I'd play'd so much that I'd heard everything they had to say, I just turned the announcers off and enjoyed the game MUCH more. I'm biased I guess, I've hated Collinsworth since the first time I ever saw him on TV. I was very disappointed to learn that he was the '09 Announcer. What about the Monday night team? Kornheiser, Jaws and the other dude? They're informative and entertaining. But I suppose after logging on like 100 hours playing Madden, ANY announcer will get repetitive and obnoxious.
Jaws, yes, Kornheiser is worthless. I hate him so much I can't even begin to describe it.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2009, 05:30 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
LOL, yeah he probably would be messing up players name while your playing the game.
EA: John, we need some stuff on CAR-SON PAL-MER. Try it again. Action.
Madden: Speaking of Carson Palmer, Brett Favre is the best player in football. When you got great football players playing great football, that's the best kind of football there is. When you got regular players, like Carson Palmer, playing great football, that's just regular-great football.
EA: CUT! CUT! John, we're on to PALMER. We need a take for him. We've got six hours of Brett Favre reel. It's plenty. Plus, he's retired. Let's do it right this time, Action!
Madden: This one time, I saw a guy with cankles, and thought of a turducken leg. That was a game Brett Favre was in, and then I ate a Snicker bar. But let me say, that Brett Favre! Best torso in football. Imagine a team of 11 Brett Favres playing against 11 Brett Favres. I'm pretty sure that the universe would implode! Harh harh!!

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:32 PM   #27
My Head Hurts

jnofx's Arena

OVR: 11

I think Tony is funny on occasion, but if you hear the same jokes over and over in the game, they wouldn't be entertaining at all. But still, ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN COLLINSWORTH. You can argue that all you want, I will NOT be convinced. That guy just seriously rubs me the wrong way. I want to punch him in the throat. But overall, I think the MNF Crew would be the best option for announcing.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:15 PM   #28
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasin2K3
Madden: Speaking of Carson Palmer, Brett Favre is the best player in football. When you got great football players playing great football, that's the best kind of football there is. When you got regular players, like Carson Palmer, playing great football, that's just regular-great football.
EA: CUT! CUT! John, we're on to PALMER. We need a take for him. We've got six hours of Brett Favre reel. It's plenty. Plus, he's retired. Let's do it right this time, Action!
Madden: This one time, I saw a guy with cankles, and thought of a turducken leg. That was a game Brett Favre was in, and then I ate a Snicker bar. But let me say, that Brett Favre! Best torso in football. Imagine a team of 11 Brett Favres playing against 11 Brett Favres. I'm pretty sure that the universe would implode! Harh harh!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX0nuEuuKIk
Old 04-07-2009, 07:32 PM   #29
MVP

Clarke_311's Arena

OVR: 20

John Madden hasn't done the annoncing for a while, they just keep on copying it on to other games, there's nothing new.
Toronto Blue Jays Fan
Philadelphia Eagles Fan
Old 04-07-2009, 07:48 PM   #30
Rookie

BlackJack_Williams's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm extremely glad he doesn't do commentary anymore. His recycled lines were growing to be annoying. I'd just turn him all of the way off after awhile.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:41 PM   #31
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14

I remember back on PS2 you could set the audio settings to TV Broadcast, In the Crowd, and On the Field.

It was a nice change of pace to hear the game like your in the crowd (making crowd audible more noticeable) or on the field (hearing player chatter and collisions much louder). I would like to see that back since it does add to the presentation when you feel like hearing the game from a perspective.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2009, 09:39 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasin2K3
lol, thanks for the laugh

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »