Home

Ian, dont look at NFL 2k5, look at APF 2K8

This is a discussion on Ian, dont look at NFL 2k5, look at APF 2K8 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 03:52 PM   #9
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Ian, dont look at NFL 2k5, look at APF 2K8

IN BEFORE THE LOCK!
Old 04-08-2009, 03:55 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillzNSkillz
Cant agree with you here. It basically had no "presentation" either, a dumbed down NFL2k5 halftime show, no ESPN integration w/Berman, weekly highlights..no..ESPN2k5 still the king, and I hope Ian "patterns" 2010 to it..

It wouldnt hurt for him to look I;m sure he has..I loved the "Interactive sidelines" !
While I would not call it the best football game ever due to the lack of a franchise mode and a lot of things that go along with that were missing compared to 2k5 APF was still in my opinion in terms of gameplay the best football game ever.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:55 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxplosive1984
Everyone respects your love for the 2K franchise, but all Ian threads will be locked bro. Refer to the Forum Rules for details.

When will people learn
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 03:59 PM   #12
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillzNSkillz
Cant agree with you here. It basically had no "presentation" either, a dumbed down NFL2k5 halftime show, no ESPN integration w/Berman, weekly highlights..no..ESPN2k5 still the king, and I hope Ian "patterns" 2010 to it..

It wouldnt hurt for him to look I;m sure he has..I loved the "Interactive sidelines" !
The gameplay in APF was far better than NFL2K5... I don't really even see how that would be debateable.

Presentation, obviously 2K5... but gameplay? APF all the way.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:01 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 27

I have 2k8 and 2k5, 2k8 really plays a feels like an arcade game to me I can call the same 3-5 plays the entire game and win doing that...it is just as unrealistic as madden.....IMO
2k5 however is incredible in every way which is weird considering they have the same playbooks???

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2

Last edited by Brandon_c993; 04-08-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

All pro was straight garbage. After 2k5, once I saw the ads for AllPro, I couldn't wait for it to drop. I probably was the first person to buy it. Once I got home with it though, different story.

It seemed bare bones compared to 2k5. Damn, what you all forgot to add all the rest of the features or something? Were they high when they were making that ****, didn't strike me as the same dev team at all.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:53 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_c993
I have 2k8 and 2k5, 2k8 really plays a feels like an arcade game to me I can call the same 3-5 plays the entire game and win doing that...it is just as unrealistic as madden.....IMO
2k5 however is incredible in every way which is weird considering they have the same playbooks???
In 2k5 I could beat the CPU most times running any one regular pass play and using hot routes. In any game if you want to play unsim and win it is probably going to be possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 05:05 PM   #16
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

I heard Ian was studying 2k5 and was thinking to myself, why not APF2k8? I'd say the only thing 2k5 did better was the lighting, presentation, and control of D players. Physics, passing/running game, Animations, a.i., player interaction, camera views, gameplay are all vastly superior on APF2K8.

Study presentation for 2k5 and everything else 2k8!

Awesome thread
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »