Home

The Success or Failure of OL/DL in Madden 10: And what it will mean to you??

This is a discussion on The Success or Failure of OL/DL in Madden 10: And what it will mean to you?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2009, 05:00 AM   #9

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: The Success or Failure of OL/DL in Madden 10: And what it will mean to you??

It is extremely important to me that this gets fixed. They need to fix the physics b/c i'm tired of O lineman flipping my jamal williams like he's little girl.

how many times do you see williams flipped over someone's back???

Don't worry i'll wait

like there less than a foot away from him and they go low on williams to take his legs out and flip him over there back. Now I understand he can be knocked down but I don't care who you are you are nt flipping him over your back.

This is where wieght, hieght, momentum, and collision detection is supposed to take place. Plus the rating!!! PLZ EA make them all important

Also take the rating off for players that don't even matter in certain areas. Like a Linemen, what do they need a kicking rating for???

Exactly
Old 04-09-2009, 05:03 AM   #10
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: The Success or Failure of OL/DL in Madden 10: And what it will mean to you??

I really have to ask if the ANT program engine thingy for animations is:

1.) New or old? [old being since about madden 2001/2002 range]

and

2.) really any good?

I haven't seen much from Madden to make me belive that ANT is honestly a good program thingy for a football video game. We all know Madden has had a lot of problems with colision detection, suction blocking and what not since at least 2001 on PS2 and little has been done to adress this ever. If ANT has been used for this long, at what point do you have to make an executive decision and choose to dump it?

Next, you may ask, what should you replace it with? I am not much of a computer tech but I would think that there has got to be a way to find out what the guys at Visual Concepts have used and buy/make your own program to copy that as it appears to work wonders.

[/rant]
Old 04-09-2009, 05:10 AM   #11
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm fine with players haveinga full spectrum of ratings as most players share ratings based on thier position [linemen are all gonna have like 12 thp/tha.]

I want strength to matter more. As anygivensunday was talking about, the eltie linemen both offensive and defensive in he strength catagory shouldn't be knocking each other over all the time. When Larry Allen went up against Casey Hampton he shouldn't be using cut blocks or pancaking him. These big boys should have a tough fight as they were both amoungthe best in their field. There shouldn't be a coin toss that say, opps Allen won Hampton gets knocked on his butt. Opps, Hampton won, Allen goes for a chop block at his knees adn misses letting Hampton by.

Also, when you approach these two beasts you should just assume that either Hampton is going to be stuck in a suction block, or that suddenly Allen will just forget Hampton is even there and just let him by becasue you hit the sprint button.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2009, 05:24 AM   #12
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

I've already came to the conclusion that Madden will not be a first day purchase for me this year.

I know and appreciate what Ian and co. have said so far,BUT.....I'm not going to be "sucked in" by the talk....based on past history,talk is cheap to me in regards to Madden and NCAA this year.

I know and understand this is a "new team",but I just can't see the drastic turn around that this franchise so desperately needs in a years time.....and to be perfectly honest,I'm tired of waiting for "next year".

OL/DL interaction is a MAJOR gripe of mine (as well as many others)....until EA figures out that "suction blocking" is not a blocking scheme,I'll have no issues passing or as least renting the game.

I would LOVE to be able to play as a d-lineman (Hampton,Smith) and be able to actually USE a bull rush,or swim move to get to the qb,instead of getting "suctioned" into the o-lineman,and not having ANY chance.

This is an issue that has been in Madden since the ps2-xbox days (suction blocking),and it baffles me as to why it has/will taken so long to get corrected.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 04-09-2009, 06:46 AM   #13
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

im with you on this one op...out of all the things they did for this game..im waiting for the blog for this...
Old 04-09-2009, 07:57 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 13

ol/dl interaction and robo qb were my biggest issues with gameplay!!! At a minimum, i'd expect them to be fixed... anything else is a bonus for me (in terms of gameplay).

edit: perhaps run blocking up field could be tuned.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:06 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: The Success or Failure of OL/DL Int in Madden 10: And what it will mean to you??

Rent first no matter what.

First I will be simming the first year of a franchise and looking at:

Stats - are they realistic?
Free Agents - Did the teams make smart moves with resigning players? Did they cut all stars like Manning(s), Peterson, Hanynesworth?
Draft - Do the teams make smart decisions?

Then I will play a game:

Pregame show?
Is the game play TERRIFIC?
Is everything fixed like they said it was? - Out of bounds glitch, OL/DL, DB/WR etc...
Halftime Show?
Post game show?

The above factors way most heavily on my decision to buy Madden this year. Im perfectly fine with playing MLB the show all year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2009, 09:01 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

If Madden 10's gameplay is not as good as NFL 2k5's the series is dead to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »