Home

The Success or Failure of OL/DL in Madden 10: And what it will mean to you??

This is a discussion on The Success or Failure of OL/DL in Madden 10: And what it will mean to you?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #25
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: The Success or Failure of OL/DL in Madden 10: And what it will mean to you??

I want to give Ian the benefit of the doubt and believe he's truly on top of this.......I think he knows how imperative it it is in getting this fixed. Im just really anxious to see whether

A: He truly has the right vision to fix this appropriately

or

B: Was he allowed to spend enough time and resources on something that won't help sway any casual(i.e. Not a back of the box Feature)

Again I point to OL/DL Interaction as the most truest test to see whether their willing to change their ways in favor of us. Because they'll have to put their money(Im betting a good chunck) where their mouth is...

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2009, 05:08 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 22
Re: The Success or Failure of OL/DL in Madden 10: And what it will mean to you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
I want to give Ian the benefit of the doubt and believe he's truly on top of this.......I think he knows how imperative it it is in getting this fixed. Im just really anxious to see whether

A: He truly has the right vision to fix this appropriately

or

B: Was he allowed to spend enough time and resources on something that won't help sway any casual(i.e. Not a back of the box Feature)

Again I point to OL/DL Interaction as the most truest test to see whether their willing to change their ways in favor of us. Because they'll have to put their money(Im betting a good chunck) where their mouth is...
I like this notion. I see a distinct relation to madden and football in that the trenches are normally overlooked and underappreciated and instead WR's QB's and RB's (although are also very important obviously) are glorified.
This seems to be the same with madden's features. All "back-of-the-box" features relating to gameplay always pertain to things for these positions instead of focusing on blocking (with the exception of lead blocking which is.... useless imo). As i've said in other posts, madden's vision needs to be based on the basics and fundamentals first in all aspects. And the most fundamental thing in football is the trenches.
I think that if the battle in the trenches was very realistic, well-implemented, balanced, and had the impact it has in real football, many other aspects of madden gameplay will fall right into place (such as timing, not dropping back 20 yards, the chuck-and-roll, the running game, getting pressure on the QB etc etc etc.)

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Old 04-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
It is extremely important to me that this gets fixed. They need to fix the physics b/c i'm tired of O lineman flipping my jamal williams like he's little girl.

how many times do you see williams flipped over someone's back???

Don't worry i'll wait

like there less than a foot away from him and they go low on williams to take his legs out and flip him over there back. Now I understand he can be knocked down but I don't care who you are you are nt flipping him over your back.

This is where wieght, hieght, momentum, and collision detection is supposed to take place. Plus the rating!!! PLZ EA make them all important

Also take the rating off for players that don't even matter in certain areas. Like a Linemen, what do they need a kicking rating for???

Exactly
Exactly, (i cant remember what game it was exactly) but jamal williams should be able to PUSH the center backwards and disrupt the running game. Shawne Merriman should be able to PUSH the tackles inward and collapse the pocket. You do not know how sick and tired i am of having Merriman only get like 6 sacks per season and the rest getting 2 if that.... or how tired i am of someone else getting more sacks than merriman.... that is not what happens.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Old 04-09-2009, 07:16 PM   #28
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Yep, OL/DL interaction is very important to the success of M10 for me.

The importance of this has been talked into the ground. I just gotta see the end of suction blocking, and see that ratings really matter at the line of scrimmage. I'm pretty confident all eyes will be on the line of scrimmage, when the first game play vid is released.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:30 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 21

I agree -- the game is really won and lost at the LOS. Even the very best skill position players in the NFL need a few seconds to make a play.

You cannot win on offense with an OL that doesn't give their QB time to read the field, or open holes for the runner. You cannot win on defense with a DL that doesn't get pressure on the QB and allow their secondary to make a play on the ball.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 04-09-2009, 07:52 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 7

We need...
  • Real 3-4 defensive line play
  • Real double team blocks
  • Real trap blocking
  • Real RB blocking help (with quicker transitions to routes if there is clearly no blitz- it doesn't take 4 seconds in real life... more like 2...)
  • A real Pocket
  • FBs that actually block and aren't ********...
  • Accurate zone run blocking and man run blocking
  • Accuracy/sack penalties for unrealistic QB play (this run and chuck crap...)
  • Play action passes that do more than fake to the FB only
  • One gap and two gap schemes
  • Suppose I could go on all day...
Old 04-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #31

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofficial
Exactly, (i cant remember what game it was exactly) but jamal williams should be able to PUSH the center backwards and disrupt the running game. Shawne Merriman should be able to PUSH the tackles inward and collapse the pocket. You do not know how sick and tired i am of having Merriman only get like 6 sacks per season and the rest getting 2 if that.... or how tired i am of someone else getting more sacks than merriman.... that is not what happens.
There not supermen they can be knocked down but Williams its going to take 2 men more than likely to knock him down Its not impossible though. Thats why i hope for better OL/DL play so there should be double teams. I do get where your coming from they are both superstars in there positions on the field, and the OL/DL needs to be fixed.

Also need to make stand out players stand out which i believe there doing with the new streching the rating thing.

But me personally I don't play franchise, I just can't really get interested in it b/c I don't like playin the computer. I like playing user players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2009, 09:50 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
There not supermen they can be knocked down but Williams its going to take 2 men more than likely to knock him down Its not impossible though. Thats why i hope for better OL/DL play so there should be double teams. I do get where your coming from they are both superstars in there positions on the field, and the OL/DL needs to be fixed.

Also need to make stand out players stand out which i believe there doing with the new streching the rating thing.

But me personally I don't play franchise, I just can't really get interested in it b/c I don't like playin the computer. I like playing user players.
I am exactly like you. That's why every criticism and request coming from me regards gameplay. That's where the player vs. player changes show up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »