Home

Adaptive AI Wishlist

This is a discussion on Adaptive AI Wishlist within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2009, 08:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
Adaptive AI Wishlist

I hope it gives more of an identity to teams that as a Coach, WE have to account for.

Example - Indianapolis vs Pittsburgh.

Basic knowledge is PIT is going to want to control the clock on OFF, but need to create turnovers to win. IND is going to want to eliminate big plays on DEF, and expect Peyton to execute the OFF effectively to win, THIS IS THE GAME.

How it should play out is by Adaptive AI playing the teams toward their agenda a.k.a STRENGTHS.

PIT, on DEF, will take more chances to cause a turnover due to that's what they do. Blitz aggressively, press, single coverage, no Safety help, jump routes, etc. All things that having a solid DEF affords them.

IND DEF can't consistently do all that, and doesn't try. So Adaptive AI for them will consist of pursuit angles, solid tackling, active zones, Safeties playing deep effectively, etc.

Question - (look at my avatar) - If the Colts struggle to stop the run, will you think of it as realistic if Adaptive AI stops it for them, while they maintain their usual OFF advantage?

If Adaptive AI is not going to stay within the framework of realistic advantages and disadvantages, would that be "SIM"? I don't want Adaptive AI to become a crutch.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 10:18 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Adaptive AI Wishlist

Adaptive ai won't just stop the run. If you run the same play 5 times in a row, Gary Bracket will have his PRC increased from 90 to 99 if he sees that PA FL FLY.

With 99 PRC, he knows where the play is going and will try to make a play on the ball carrier. Nothing else is altered. He won't get faster, or get a better tackle rating.

He will see the PA and immediately recognize run and go after the ball carrier. Outside of that, adapative AI won't just cheat for you. It won't get Brackett to hot route to a blitz or something ridiculous like that.

What you're asking is team philosophy.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:46 AM   #3
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
What you're asking is team philosophy.
I thought the exact same thing as I read over the OP's post.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:01 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 9

Thanks fellas, i'll make a new thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »