Home

They Really Need to Fix Superstar

This is a discussion on They Really Need to Fix Superstar within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2009, 12:17 AM   #1
MVP

Clarke_311's Arena

OVR: 20
They Really Need to Fix Superstar

Seriously, everyone talks about franchise and stuff, but what about superstar? It is a broken mode and has never been changed for years. Basically all you do is play games and nothing Look at MLB 09's Road to the Show and how in-depth it is, how you can train players and interact with your manager and stuff. They should bring stuff like this into Madden.
Toronto Blue Jays Fan
Philadelphia Eagles Fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 12:24 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: They Really Need to Fix Superstar

If by fix you mean remove... I am with you.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:30 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
If that was an example of what not to do..im with you.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:32 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 11

Yea it has just gotten worse and worse...before you had a life somewhat outside of playing games. Also, they need to put YOU in your player. They need to put you inside the person's helmet-or at least have the option to be. It's terrible being a DB on your goalline and you can't see anything. The player should be better...you are supposed to be a superstar and you are usually only a 70~ overall...I would love to have some sort of life outside of the game..not just a bad interview every once and a while. How about when you are young get mentoring from an older player and depending on how you act with him he may help you more or less and if you don't want his help you get a boost with Lone Wolf and if you do get his help..it would need to balance out but you can work with him in a certain area because if it was there permenantly compared to just getting it from lone wolf it wouldn't be fair..and it is so annoying when you get -10 for something you have NOTHING to do with on a play...Personally, I woiuld love if you could change your appearance outside of the game which would effect how people think of you-strutting around with an armani suit with your super bowl rings or wearing a hollister t shirt in sandals. Also choosing events like making commercials for a company or for a charity-things like that.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:32 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 13

Just take it out.

Not that I dont want Superstar mode, but as it is, it is basically unplayable, and there are just too many problem with the overall game, and I cant see them devoting alot of attention to this aspect of the game anytime soon.

Take it out, and if they decide they want to really make a superstar mode someday that is actually fun and provides a great experience, put it back in. But if it comes down to leaving it in the game as is or taking it out, just take it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 12:41 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Just take it out.

Not that I dont want Superstar mode, but as it is, it is basically unplayable, and there are just too many problem with the overall game, and I cant see them devoting alot of attention to this aspect of the game anytime soon.

Take it out, and if they decide they want to really make a superstar mode someday that is actually fun and provides a great experience, put it back in. But if it comes down to leaving it in the game as is or taking it out, just take it out.
Actually I agree with 43mafia..I would rather have the smoothest and greatest gameplay mechanics I can get for online and quick play and if possible franchise. THEN when everything else is polished go after superstar
Old 04-10-2009, 12:47 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Yes.....this post is 100% correct.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:59 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

100% agree... It's more a kin to Head Coach... In reality, I wish they would have made Head Coach a part of Madden from the start, and made Superstar a game all it's own, just like NBA Ballers and all the other over indulgent games most people don't play... At this point, ditch it and give us a game component that actuely matters... Franchise mode!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »