Home

Can get rid of that EA sports futurisitc stuff and get REAL BANNERS? Like this?

This is a discussion on Can get rid of that EA sports futurisitc stuff and get REAL BANNERS? Like this? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2009, 12:01 PM   #33
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Can get rid of that EA sports futurisitc stuff and get REAL BANNERS? Like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
If it causes so much conflict, please explain why Head Coach 09 featured the NFL Network and no ESPN. What would even be the point of having both licenses if you cant use them because it might cause conflict?
The question was what if they had both networks (ESPN/NFL network) have in game presentation in the game.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:26 PM   #34
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Can get rid of that EA sports futurisitc stuff and get REAL BANNERS? Like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
Well, what if you were part of ESPN? Would you want your graphics shown with the NFL Networks on the same screen? No, you are competing against them and you want to show off your team's work. Do you want Total Access on the game? No, you want their crews having NFL Live and Sports Center in Franchise mode.

It may sound good to compromise, but these two different networks are competing for market share. They don't want players to see the other guy and think there is a viable alternative. They want players to see one network and for them to get their real life information from their station.

The best thing EA could do is make banners and bars that are not obtrusive, and are up to date with what ESPN and NFLN are doing. I would take MLB 2k9 and (I think) NCAA 09 as examples on how to do it.
Dude, you don't get it. We're only talking about banners. You just use the right banner for the right games. ESPN - Monday Night Football. NFL Network - Thursday Night Football. Then use the EA network for everything else in place of FOX, CBS, and NBC. That is nothing that the companies can get mad about--that's what it is in real life.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 04-11-2009, 01:35 PM   #35
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

I would say presentation is headed in the right direction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
Dude, you don't get it. We're only talking about banners. You just use the right banner for the right games. ESPN - Monday Night Football. NFL Network - Thursday Night Football. Then use the EA network for everything else in place of FOX, CBS, and NBC. That is nothing that the companies can get mad about--that's what it is in real life.
Excellent post!!
Old 04-11-2009, 02:04 PM   #37
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
You don't get it lol. If they did that than a site could show pics of games on certain days, therefore leaving out and/or having less pics of games on other days and therefore creating the possibility of an assumption by the viewers of the pics that the game only has one type of presentation. I'm pretty sure the ESPN and NFL network do not want to share in game presentation with each other in the same game especially since EA has the exclusive rights to both of them.

The NFL back in 2003 (if I remember correctly) got mad at Blitz because the hits were too hard and therefore Blitz had to tone down their game. Things might sound ridiculous to you, but these companies make millions upon millions of dollars. They can get mad at things that the average person probably wouldn't see as a big deal since they have the money and power to do so.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
Is that a stats bar running across the top of the screen? That would be awesome if that's included.
I think you may be right Zero. I'm wondering then if that was a gameplay screen from franchise mode.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:46 PM   #39
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

I hate banners. I hate them on TV. I am watching the Masters and there are NO banners and it is fantastic. I want my screen clutter free. I bought an HDTV for detail, not so companies can squeeze banners and adds all over it.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:37 PM   #40
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith121212
What they should do is let us choose where to put the banner and have several different styles that are modeled after there real TV counterparts. Yea its that simple.

Especially since they already did this with the last couple of NBA Live games on PS2. It had an option for the score overlay to be at the top or bottom of the screen.

They did this also on NBA Live PS1 with TBS and TNT

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »