Home

IAN - Suggestion for WR in Madden 11

This is a discussion on IAN - Suggestion for WR in Madden 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 10:18 PM   #1
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9
IAN - Suggestion for WR in Madden 11

Hey I just want to drop a quick line, and suggest something that I have posted on here before, and have had the idea for it for a few years now.

It seems like the right stick is being implemented for several different aspects of the game, which is good. But how about for catching the ball. Right now, we only have the option to press or hold Y and that gives us very little control of the catch. How about utilizing the right stick in order to catch a ball or intercept it.

A few ideas/examples:
Pressing up on the stick will make the receiver break stride and go get the ball, such as a jump ball. Think of it as "aggressive catch" They will slow down tremendously as they have to focus on the ball and go get it.

Away from the ball: Pressing left or right, which ever direction that is the opposite of where the ball is would result in toe drags, trying to avoid the big hit, or to catch and plant and turn the other way to get YAC.

Towards the ball: pressing left or right in the direction that the ball is headed would result in catching the ball in stride without losing any speed, or to stretch out and try to haul in an overthrown ball.

Pressing down would result in just a normal catch. Nothing special here. Look the ball into your hands and haul it in. The most effective way to catch, but also the least reward.

Using the right stick would help set receivers apart such as Randy Moss and Larry Fitzgerald who are able to outleap the defenders and go get the ball, and would also allow the underneath receivers like Wes Welker work the field and get some YAC.

I'm interested to hear all your thoughts, especially you Ian, as I think this could be a great addition to future installments of Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2009, 10:32 PM   #2
Rookie

RobertBrazil's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: IAN - Suggestion for WR in Madden 11

Im not going to say i agree with it all but i would like to have more control over the wr with jumping for the ball. same with db's aswell, id rather be able to jump for the ball myself instead of being random with the cpu. i wanna make my own mistakes, hate the cpu making them for me.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:32 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 39

i will restrain myself from giving you s*** for starting an "Ian" thread since you are a fellow iowan.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:34 PM   #4
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

ib4l
Old 04-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdown2shadi
ib4l
X2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2009, 11:17 PM   #6
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballplaya72
Hey I just want to drop a quick line, and suggest something that I have posted on here before, and have had the idea for it for a few years now.

It seems like the right stick is being implemented for several different aspects of the game, which is good. But how about for catching the ball. Right now, we only have the option to press or hold Y and that gives us very little control of the catch. How about utilizing the right stick in order to catch a ball or intercept it.

A few ideas/examples:
Pressing up on the stick will make the receiver break stride and go get the ball, such as a jump ball. Think of it as "aggressive catch" They will slow down tremendously as they have to focus on the ball and go get it.

Away from the ball: Pressing left or right, which ever direction that is the opposite of where the ball is would result in toe drags, trying to avoid the big hit, or to catch and plant and turn the other way to get YAC.

Towards the ball: pressing left or right in the direction that the ball is headed would result in catching the ball in stride without losing any speed, or to stretch out and try to haul in an overthrown ball.

Pressing down would result in just a normal catch. Nothing special here. Look the ball into your hands and haul it in. The most effective way to catch, but also the least reward.

Using the right stick would help set receivers apart such as Randy Moss and Larry Fitzgerald who are able to outleap the defenders and go get the ball, and would also allow the underneath receivers like Wes Welker work the field and get some YAC.

I'm interested to hear all your thoughts, especially you Ian, as I think this could be a great addition to future installments of Madden.

Read rules young grasshopper.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 04-12-2009, 11:20 PM   #7
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

*sings*

no more posting Ian threads
please go read the rules
when TJ reads this post he's gonna say, "Hey, C'mon dude,"

Old 04-13-2009, 12:52 AM   #8
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxplosive1984
*sings*

no more posting Ian threads
please go read the rules
when TJ reads this post he's gonna say, "Hey, C'mon dude,"

I dont post here often, so I made the mistake of not reading the rules.

I apologize as I can definitely see how it can get annoying. I just wanted to hear Ians opinion on it, and I figured that was the best way to approach it, but I did not know there was a rule against it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »