Home

Stamina and Fatigue. Can we FINALLY have this mean something.

This is a discussion on Stamina and Fatigue. Can we FINALLY have this mean something. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2009, 08:57 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Stamina and Fatigue. Can we FINALLY have this mean something.

rather not see it be too drastic in the fourth, just saw someone say it should max out in the 40's in the fourth quarter.. these are professional athletes, who have halftime, commercial breaks, ref timeouts, team timeouts.. a fatigue system needs to be put in place (ideally one that would effect ratings) but it has to be remembered these guys are in peak physical form(outside of Lenwhale White)
Old 04-23-2009, 07:56 AM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBernard
rather not see it be too drastic in the fourth, just saw someone say it should max out in the 40's in the fourth quarter.. these are professional athletes, who have halftime, commercial breaks, ref timeouts, team timeouts.. a fatigue system needs to be put in place (ideally one that would effect ratings) but it has to be remembered these guys are in peak physical form(outside of Lenwhale White)
This kind of thinking has to go... If you send a guy on streaks ALL game long, he's going to be tired and won't be able to do it as effectivley in the 4th... I don't care who it is... And if you think LenDale is out of shape... Imagine 100% of ALL linemen in the game... I don't care how out of shape you might think LW is out of shape... Everyone in sports get tired, that's why they have O2, and teams call time outs for other reasons then to stop the time...
Old 04-23-2009, 10:27 AM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingking77
This kind of thinking has to go... If you send a guy on streaks ALL game long, he's going to be tired and won't be able to do it as effectivley in the 4th... I don't care who it is... And if you think LenDale is out of shape... Imagine 100% of ALL linemen in the game... I don't care how out of shape you might think LW is out of shape... Everyone in sports get tired, that's why they have O2, and teams call time outs for other reasons then to stop the time...
if nfl players in real life didn't even have half the fatigue to end the game that they had to start the game, you would see players at all positions getting subbed out every other play, you wouldn't see fantastic plays happening, because they would be too tired.. that doesn't happen

o-lineman stay on the field pretty much every play, for the entire game

who runs streaks with wrs the entire game? bc an 11 year old might, we all have to suffer? thats dumb

Andy said it's obv. that fatigue needs to be fixed, but not to make it too drastic, as that is just as unrealistic as how it is now..

and just because an olineman is bigger than lenwhale, doesn't make them out of shape.. olineman (esp. left tackles) are some of the best athletes in the game

take a deep breath
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 10:35 AM   #36
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
Does the lack of fatigue have anything to do with the fact we are playing on 5 min quarters?

Does fatigue show up after a game with 15 min quarters?

One person on the EA team needs to fine tune the fatigue feature.
I've always played 10 min quarters in football games. This way I can have an 8 min drive and still get the ball back a couple of times. I've never ONCE worn down a defense during a game.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:04 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

If all is implemented correctly and we get a good sim approach this year, I might have to take my quarter length back up to 15 minutes. Those are some long games, lol. I usually can get one game per day with 15 minutes.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:26 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
If all is implemented correctly and we get a good sim approach this year, I might have to take my quarter length back up to 15 minutes. Those are some long games, lol. I usually can get one game per day with 15 minutes.
With the accelerated clock though, we can play 15 minute quarters without it taking forever.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:19 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
if nfl players in real life didn't even have half the fatigue to end the game that they had to start the game, you would see players at all positions getting subbed out every other play, you wouldn't see fantastic plays happening, because they would be too tired.. that doesn't happen

who runs streaks with wrs the entire game? bc an 11 year old might, we all have to suffer? thats dumb

Andy said it's obv. that fatigue needs to be fixed, but not to make it too drastic, as that is just as unrealistic as how it is now..

and just because an olineman is bigger than lenwhale, doesn't make them out of shape.. olineman (esp. left tackles) are some of the best athletes in the game

take a deep breath
Whatever the argument may be, there's no question that backups get absolutely no love in Madden. Mainly talking D-line and wideouts, you rarely see players getting spelled at all besides the HB's.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:30 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:

take a deep breath
First, real life coaches don't make pets of one player... I've seen entire game totals at nearly all position take place in the first half with no need for players to take rests or other wise...

As for real life fatigue... A lot of players that you see on Sunday come out on a regular basis only the announcers don't say "So and so now subbing out"

About OT's it's a rude generalization I used, but linemen in general, if asked to run laps full out and having to make block after block on their sides of the line on long plays, will get tired... Trust me... Even the NFL guys... Otherwise you'd only see run plays going to one side, that being what ever side the best blocker is on... Nature forces coaches to spread things out, no one is bionnic, even the juice cases...

As for amazing plays, they happen here and there, not all the time, as is the case in Madden... You might go a whole game without seeing a huge onehanded grabs where the guy gets flipped upside down and lands on his head... And when it does, you seldome see the guy get up and make another great play... Life isn't like that...

If doesn't have to be over done, I agree, but things like sprinting time should be greatly reduced, to the levels that were mentioned previously... Ever wonder why guys start running out of bounds later in games? It's not just time control, sometimes they're tired, their hurt, and instead of staying inbounds and getting smoked or risk a fumble they duck out...

If you want to see the effect that fatigue plays on even great players look up the game a few seasons back where the coach sent in his second string D and fresh players, against the other teams starters... The "better" players got eaten alive... I don;t know the exact game, but it was season before last...

Last edited by Swingking77; 04-23-2009 at 12:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »