Home

Stamina and Fatigue. Can we FINALLY have this mean something.

This is a discussion on Stamina and Fatigue. Can we FINALLY have this mean something. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2009, 04:21 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Stamina and Fatigue. Can we FINALLY have this mean something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
But still, It was more of Eye candy about a players health because they put WAY to much weight onto the injury rating. I never thought I would ever say a EA game had injuries overdone...You could put in a player with 30% health and he would play like a guy with 100% health. The only issue is he might get hurt but if he had 90+ injury rating he was safe most of the time. Where if you put in AD with his 40 injury he wouldnt last the first quarter with 100% health. It was horrible.
I wouldn't say they overdid injuries. There still on the whole were not nearly enough injuries. One thing that they did do though that is just as shocking is not only did they make a rating matter (the injury rating) which is in itself shocking but they made the rating matter too much.

Every player on the football field has the chance to be injured and a 90 injury ratings should not override that. One hit can end a season even for a player without much of a history of injuries. For proof go as miss brady in new england. Also, players with an injury history can go a full season without missing any games. Look at peterson for that.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:29 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
I wouldn't say they overdid injuries. There still on the whole were not nearly enough injuries. One thing that they did do though that is just as shocking is not only did they make a rating matter (the injury rating) which is in itself shocking but they made the rating matter too much.

Every player on the football field has the chance to be injured and a 90 injury ratings should not override that. One hit can end a season even for a player without much of a history of injuries. For proof go as miss brady in new england. Also, players with an injury history can go a full season without missing any games. Look at peterson for that.
I guess I meant they overdid injuries with players with low injury. You basically described what I meant in my mind
Old 04-23-2009, 04:38 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I guess I meant they overdid injuries with players with low injury. You basically described what I meant in my mind
That's what I am here for. To read your mind and explain to to these other people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2009, 08:33 AM   #52
Banned

OVR: 11

So as we get closer to August, is there a sense of how this particular issue is being "finalized" for '10? How it will work, its effectiveness, etc?
Old 06-13-2009, 10:06 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 10

Hopefully it does mean something...im tired of running the ball on you with deangelo williams and he doesn't get tired so i have to sub stewart manually lol
Old 06-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #54
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

in the Titans/Ravens video....Chris Johnson is subbed out due to fatigue for I believe it was 4 plays.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-13-2009, 11:53 AM   #55
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Judging by the recent videos. I am sure it will finally mean something this year pretty much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2009, 11:55 AM   #56
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
in the Titans/Ravens video....Chris Johnson is subbed out due to fatigue for I believe it was 4 plays.
I think he got hurt in the second play of the game. But if some people are afraid the injuries might be overdone. They can always toned it down with the slider some.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »