Home

Idea on Player retirement

This is a discussion on Idea on Player retirement within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2009, 03:37 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 27
Idea on Player retirement

Okay I have an idea for when players retire, you should have the option to offer them a contracts and if you have the personalities from Head coach then it would make this perfect IMO.So lets say they can agree to the deal or propose a counter-offer or just walk away if the offer is too low.

So then you would not have a false limit and a more realistic way of convincing them to stay. Of course all of that within the salary-cap and if they want so much it will go over the cap then you can release a player with a small amount of bonuses but a fairly high contract overall to make cap space or even possibly make it so you can rework and move some money around in Franchise mode to make cap room for their contract.

example: you can try to move a player with a high bonuses money around for it to be less of a cap consumer. This is where player personalities would come in again, if they are like say Marvin Harrison or a lot of receivers they are to proud to take a pay cut but other players like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, etc. will take the cut to help better the team.

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.....

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Idea on Player retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_c993
Okay I have an idea for when players retire, you should have the option to offer them a contracts and if you have the personalities from Head coach then it would make this perfect IMO.So lets say they can agree to the deal or propose a counter-offer or just walk away if the offer is too low.

So then you would not have a false limit and a more realistic way of convincing them to stay. Of course all of that within the salary-cap and if they want so much it will go over the cap then you can release a player with a small amount of bonuses but a fairly high contract overall to make cap space or even possibly make it so you can rework and move some money around in Franchise mode to make cap room for their contract.

example: you can try to move a player with a high bonuses money around for it to be less of a cap consumer. This is where player personalities would come in again, if they are like say Marvin Harrison or a lot of receivers they are to proud to take a pay cut but other players like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, etc. will take the cut to help better the team.

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.....
I liked the player personalities of HC. I like this idea.

One more thing Marvin Harrison was cut because he refused to restructure his contract lol.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

I think you should be able to talk people out of retirement, it happens a lot in real life. Just like you are able to convince players to return in NCAA. This should be more tied to money and a chance at winning as well as their role on the team etc for Madden though.

I have been asking for this for years.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by krc1130
I liked the player personalities of HC. I like this idea.

One more thing Marvin Harrison was cut because he refused to restructure his contract lol.
lol I'm a Colts fan I know Marv was cut because he refused to restructure, which would have been for less than what he was making thus the pay cut.....

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 04-13-2009, 04:08 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_c993
lol I'm a Colts fan I know Marv was cut because he refused to restructure, which would have been for less than what he was making thus the pay cut.....
I know I'm just saying that because it looked like you threw him in with the list of restructurable guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #6
Banned

CubsHOF's Arena

Yes, this is a great idea. I hate the way Madden basically scrips who is going to retire. They had Harrison and Favre retiring after the first year for three years now! NFL 2k5 had this feature years ago and it's a little disappointing Madden has not followed through with it.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:41 AM   #7
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

Great idea. Hopefully they address this.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:32 PM   #8
Banned

CubsHOF's Arena

I just cannot believe this has not been included in the game! One clear sign that franchise needs a total and complete make over!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »