Home

Is Practice mode getting any attention for Madden 10?

This is a discussion on Is Practice mode getting any attention for Madden 10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2009, 04:04 AM   #33

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Is Practice mode getting any attention for Madden 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaint92
I hope the practice mode will look like it did in 2K5 in Madden 10.
Did 2k5 have a set of downs to work with???
Old 04-17-2009, 04:51 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 13

Another thing I'd love to see is a way to setup the defense for the AI and then have them run that exact setup until I tell them to stop...

So if the D comes out in nickle and I want only the slot to BnR then I should be able to set it up that way and then tell the AI to continue to run that setup until I decide to change it...

That would be very helpful.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:15 PM   #35
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

I agree with the OP on this. I haven't really used practice mode lately for the reasons listed by the OP. It's really annoying having to leave the practice mode just to switch up the play. I also like the idea of having situational practices, kinda like a real NFL practice. It'd be cool to be able to practice 2 minute drills, Kick off returns, Punt returns, field goal kicks etc... Like someone posted above, practice mode should feel like real practice. Not just some mode where you run plays on an empty field.

Oh and why must the players be in full gear for practice? Why can't we have practice where guys are in shorts, or just pads or shells? I know this is not a huge priority, but I think some love should be given to Practice Mode in future iterations of Madden.

They also need to include Practice Mode back into Franchise. I'm baffled as to why they would not provide you with the option to practice during a season...Just doesn't make any sense to me. We should also have training camp sessions where fans could attend, they could have like a mini crowd there to watch the players run plays etc. So many things they could do to revamp one of the most used modes in Madden.

Ok I'm done....lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 05:19 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
They also need to include Practice Mode back into Franchise. I'm baffled as to why they would not provide you with the option to practice during a season...Just doesn't make any sense to me. We should also have training camp sessions where fans could attend, they could have like a mini crowd there to watch the players run plays etc. So many things they could do to revamp one of the most used modes in Madden.

Ok I'm done....lol
Yeah taking practice mode out of franchise is baffling... should always be an option no matter what game mode you are in. First make it so we want to use practice mode and then make it available from every game mode. I should be able to jump into practice mode from on-line as well if I want to.

And once again, PLEASE don't force us to quit and restart practice mode just because we want' to switch our playbook.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:56 PM   #37
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12

Pratice mode definately needs to work its way back into Franchise mode but better like the following points im about to point out.

You should be able to gameplan in franchise against your next opponnet and pratice against the types of defenses you are set to play.

For example, your about to play the Saints. Your obvious gameplan is to shut down Drew Brees and that high-powered arial attack and passes to the flats to Reggie. Kind of have the back-up quarterback try to imulate Drew like some of them do in real life for quarterbacks especially in pratices before a playoff game they surely do this. By imulate or imitating Drew I mean his release, where does he go often etc.... . Nice new franchise stats can help to show where someone is most effective at so you can focus on stopping that player from getting to that spot in the game by doing it in pratice inside franchise mode(if it ever makes it in there).

If you had the ability to gameplan it would make for a real good chess match like actual NFL football.

Another quick example, your facing a good pash rushing team like the G-men. The guy you want to be aware of or double blocked(if we get the option to do that this year would be sweet) is Osi.

Even if you shut down Osi or contain him by having him double blocked and providing other schemes to make sure your o-line is aware of the other G-men d-line men. The counter to it can be even if Osi doesnt get going the coach or the defensive coordinator of the other team can pick up on it and disguise plays and shcemes to get Osi or other defensive linemen to get through the o-line blocking schemes and possibly sack the quarterback.

This would be sweet if we got some sort of gameplan pratice for our opponnets in franchise mode. Would make it alot easy to know which plays you should possibly use in games. Can you imagine being the Giants and you get killed by Westbrook screens in one game and then the next your able to gameplan in pratice to stop it and force the Eagles to find a new effective way to get Westbrook the ball in the passing game.

Last edited by cam21224; 04-17-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:20 PM   #38
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

They need to add a passing lane vision option that would highlight passing lanes that are open for a given receiver. Possibly let you toggle a single receiver to watch, or highligh the 'most open' lane. Basically help you break down a play that beats a specific defense.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 25

The ability to practice situational football without the game day pressure would be super cool. No crowd, no stadium PA system, no pressure. Just the time clock, the coaches, and the players. That would be really cool.

Also, I don't like how practice always seems like its a slower more laid back pace than the actual games...but thats how it is in real life so I'm cool with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »