Home

I dont play madden for PC, but still, no excuses

This is a discussion on I dont play madden for PC, but still, no excuses within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2009, 10:02 PM   #17

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: I dont play madden for PC, but still, no excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOLFANMIKE
Link please
Don't got one but iv'e seen posts by dev's there is no PC version.

Also this is from Adem's updated madden thread.

Hard Data

Release
: Friday, August 14th

Platforms: XBox 360, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Wii, PSP

Can you guess which platform its not on???...So there's your answer.

No link required.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:16 PM   #18
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

It's official - it wasn't on the list of platforms seeing release in the Madden 10 announcement.

EASports, the largest and richest producer of sports gaming in the world, can't find the pocket money to convert the 360 version to PC (a task which I imagine is possibly much easier to do than the traditional PS2 to PC port they use to do) for their longest supporting and arguably most loyal and series-defining fanbase. Without the PC crowd, Madden wouldn't be where it is today - period.

2KSports, the oppressed 2nd-fiddle sports gaming producer that relies on the industry scraps to exist, on the other hand seem capable of converting their NBA and MLB titles for PC for the first time ever. No complaining about the invisible ghost of piracy. No whining about how hard it is to port it over (gosh, it seemed mighty easy for them to do it actually!). They just saw a chance to expand and decided to give it a go; give PC a go. It might not work, but they tried. And hey, NBA 2K9 PC will still sell for years anyway if they don't, just like any good sports game on the PC with customization and mod capabilities.

Don't care about anything else honestly, those are all facts. As I said in a previous thread, it's hard to take anyone from EASports/Tiburon seriously about changing their tune and focus when it's still clearly still a cookie cutter, "what can make us the most possible money without taking an ounce of risk" operation. For all the 2K v EA talk, you really don't have to look past this example to see the different attitudes at play - one looking to expand, the other too scared to try.

Maybe 2K will complete the set and release a future All Pro Football title on PC. My god, what the folks at football-freaks could do with a football game that's actually mod-able.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:20 PM   #19
All Star

OVR: 33

If its not a 100% online game, it can be pirated.

No offline game has ever had the protection to stop piraters and crackers.

A Madden 10 PC torrent will be out the first day its released.

Its not that they don't have the money. Its just not worth it. Heck, I buy the Ps3 games, but wouldn't mind torrenting the PC ones too.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:34 PM   #20
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Madden console torrents are zero day releases, too.

"It's not worth it" is a fob off and an excuse. EASports wouldn't know if it's worth it because they never tried to make a proper PC sports title to see.

If they're basing their decision off of Madden PC's previous performance, I wonder if the fact it featured literally zero marketing and was based on an extremely out of date engine factored into the decision - somehow I doubt it. It can't be our fault the game only sold enough copies to produce a tiny profit (I don't by for a second it made a loss), they must have thought. It can't be because we put about as much effort collectively throughout the years into it as we did when we managed to convert Madden 95 into a free flash based browser game. Nah. It must be because PC gamers are nasty pirates.

The logic is baffling. How EASports expected a raw PS2 port to sell on the PC in a genre small enough as it is is beyond me. A FPS would sell like **** on PC with those conditions.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:18 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
honestly I could care less about market saturation or whether or not the game makes it to PC, but if you think consoles are better than PC's you are a fool. What console can produce 1900 x 1200 graphics? 24x shaders, keyboard controls etc. Show me a game getting with the graphics of Crysis on high mode. Man stop with your nonsense, I wasn't even tripping on a PC Madden but you had to come with smart aleck comments. Still claiming arrogance and ignornace. how the hell can I be arrogant when I'm admitting superiority to something else, that defeats the purpose. LOL somebody please explain to this cartoon character what the deal is
'Better' to you is not the same as better is to manufacturers. If you don't care about the market, then you have absolutely no place in this conversation. I'm not going to bother explaining to you what you should have learned in high school, so have fun bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Madden console torrents are zero day releases, too.

"It's not worth it" is a fob off and an excuse. EASports wouldn't know if it's worth it because they never tried to make a proper PC sports title to see.

If they're basing their decision off of Madden PC's previous performance, I wonder if the fact it featured literally zero marketing and was based on an extremely out of date engine factored into the decision - somehow I doubt it. It can't be our fault the game only sold enough copies to produce a tiny profit (I don't by for a second it made a loss), they must have thought. It can't be because we put about as much effort collectively throughout the years into it as we did when we managed to convert Madden 95 into a free flash based browser game. Nah. It must be because PC gamers are nasty pirates.

The logic is baffling. How EASports expected a raw PS2 port to sell on the PC in a genre small enough as it is is beyond me. A FPS would sell like **** on PC with those conditions.
Ding ding ding. I don't understand how some people can still try to back EA for its horrendous decision to abandon PC. Online franchise on PC was and still is light years ahead of any sort of online play on any console.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2009, 08:32 AM   #22
All Star

OVR: 33

Maybe they just don't feel like it. Heck it comes out on 7 other consoles.

You know, with the global economic crisis and stuff, I don't think they want to even venture out PC land.

I would love to see Madden on PC though. 0 Day Releases.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:33 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

If EA had put out a quality game year to year, the numbers on PC wouldn't have dwindled to what they were for the final release. Pirating has nothing to do with that. If the product is WORTH paying for, people will pay it. Simply put, the PC version EA was releasing the last 3-4 years was essentially a roster update for 30$. While they made marginal improvements, it clearly wasn't enough(not to mention the nagging bugs that never got fixed year to year). Had they invested time into the platform, they'd have done better.

Honestly, I would have been fine if they decided to test a two-three year release cycle for the PC. The user base could easily fill the 1-2 year void of updating rosters in between. Tiburon also could have opened up the code to allow for easier modding. FF has done a good job of unlocking some of the code to make marginal improvements, but its nothing compared to what can be changed in the FIFA, MVP, NBA, or NHL series. At this point, I don't anticipate EA revisiting the PC platform until a competitor releases a quality product that sells. And again, that will be a hard sell without the NFL/NFLPA licenses UNLESS the game is completly modable.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:13 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

If you look at torrent sites you could find games for WII,Xbox360.
So the 'pirate' excuse is not valid IMO

Since (too) many years Madden PC was 'only' a PS2 port so for too many years EA do not released a real new Madden PC game.

For me it is not a sign of respect for 'client' who played madden for years.

In the end they get what they deserve.

Look at madden 10 platform, you can read "Playstation 2"

I wish to be wrong but why suddenly EA can't port "Playstation 2" version to pc like they did in the past ????

If I remember well, for madden 2007/2008 PC was not in the list of available platform, so until an official notice I hope we (PC gamer) will have madden 10 in august

PS: If EA doesn't want to release Madden 2010 for PC they MUST do an official announcement.
Mainly because Peter Moore announced it

"During a financial call today the mega-publisher announced that it would be bringing Madden back off the bench next year (along with other shelved games) on PC. Peter Moore said EA Sports will be "Retooling these titles to take advantage of the online connectivity in a bigger and more meaningful way. Stay tuned for more on this."

Once again I

Last edited by yapa44; 04-15-2009 at 10:17 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »