Home

Can someone explain pre-created rookies in '10?

This is a discussion on Can someone explain pre-created rookies in '10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2009, 05:25 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Can someone explain pre-created rookies in '10?

Sorry, my mistake, not Donny but Josh's blog on franchise mode. He also had started a thread about follow-up to the franchise blog with more info in it.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:46 PM   #18
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

sooo... if i'm importing the draft classes from NCAA then this doesn't really impact me correct?
Old 04-14-2009, 05:52 PM   #19
Rookie

I assume so, from reading other posts the Dev's made, it seems that way.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:19 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by colino
Sorry, my mistake, not Donny but Josh's blog on franchise mode. He also had started a thread about follow-up to the franchise blog with more info in it.
I see where josh confirmed it would be 30 years but that is all I saw out of the info you posted. I know there was a lot of discussion over how many classes were made but I don't see any conformation.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:26 PM   #21
Rookie

I apologize I'm working from memory, not my strongest point some days.

I'm almost positive I'd read some posts from Josh or Donny, talking about there being approx. 21,000 rookies created or around 90 classes being created. Non repeating classes as well.

I know its needle in a hay stack at this point finding the posts. You could do a search through Josh or Donny's posts from the past couple weeks to find some of the info.

Sorry I don't have any other specific threads quoted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2009, 12:23 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by colino
I apologize I'm working from memory, not my strongest point some days.

I'm almost positive I'd read some posts from Josh or Donny, talking about there being approx. 21,000 rookies created or around 90 classes being created. Non repeating classes as well.

I know its needle in a hay stack at this point finding the posts. You could do a search through Josh or Donny's posts from the past couple weeks to find some of the info.

Sorry I don't have any other specific threads quoted.
Ok, I remember that. I was talking in that thread when that was posted. That number of 21000 was from head coach. It was quoted I think from pasta padre's website. It was something josh had said about head coach though. That 21000 was used to make 60 classes. That included enough rookies to fill the 7 round draft plus about 126 extras so there would be undrafted players in every position and teams could do the signing undrafted players portion of head coach (they had a little bidding deal there).

The 90 came from someone divinding the 21000 by like 230 or so. At 90 classes it would actually be 233 rookies per class. That only leaves 9 undrafted rookies per class so I doubt these are the actual numbers they go with.

As far as all the names being random, this quote from josh's blog

"One nice addition that we were able to take from Head Coach was how we handle the rookies in the Draft. We now create every rookie by hand, just like you saw in NFL Head Coach ’09. You might even see a few famous rookies make a re-appearance from those drafts.
"

especially the last sentence makes me really doubt that. It will probably be like head coach, 90% or so random with the rest pre-named.

Josh did however say that franchise will be 30 years.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:27 AM   #23
All Star

OVR: 33

90% random, and 10% pre-named. Doesnt seem like a bad idea to me. It'll probably be more like 95% random, and 5% as a shout out to those guys who played HC09.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:32 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
90% random, and 10% pre-named. Doesnt seem like a bad idea to me. It'll probably be more like 95% random, and 5% as a shout out to those guys who played HC09.
I don't know, the 90/10 was just a guess. it will be heavily weighted toward random though with just a small set group for presentation and as a shout out for us HC09 guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »