Home

madden 09 darrick brown

This is a discussion on madden 09 darrick brown within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 01:07 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: madden 09 darrick brown

Hey Exonerated, I really dig the analysis of top CBs you compiled, but I personally feel like you should weight INTs a little more. Considering how often they lead to game-changing points, I just feel like they should be given a little more weight.

Even though sometimes a DB with more interceptions is more likely to jump routes, and thus has a greater risk of allowing big plays - I still think that if they manage to keep their YPA down but have a higher level of INTs, they should be ranked higher.
An example from your list would be Samari Rolle.

What do you think?

I'm curious if maybe someone like football outsiders has done a similar assessment with a situational factor built in? Something like their DYAR?

EDIT: Perhaps those who allowed more TDs should be dropped further down the list as well? I just think that points matter more than field position.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
Ed Reed = 97 AWR at the moment

Bob Sanders = 89 AWR

Polamalu = 91 AWR

All of these are subject to change....hope this eases your mind a bit Mr. Arc.
Thank you. Those are much much better then before.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:14 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Asante Samuel was no where near as good as I thought he was. He got to the pro bowl on Reputation and his massive salary.

And Antonio Cromartie ... How do you from 10 picks to being so bad lol?
The same reason why Deanglo(sp) Hall was "good" with the Falcons and bad with the raiders then "good" with the skins. Lack of pass rush. Without Shawn Merrimen(sp), Cromartie had to cover better and obviously didnt make the cut and looked bad. I bet you he will look alot "better" when Merrimen comes back.(the entire defense will look better)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I though awareness was useless for D, and that Play Recognition was the real stat?
To me, if you are going to have a stat in the game that may or may not mean anything, then the player should have the stat that represents their ablities. I always felt that awareness made a player more aware of where the ball was in the air and how much better a player was at making at play on said ball. IDK the true meaning behind it maybe Donny could shed some light on it. That being the difference between play reg. and awareness.

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 04-16-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2009, 01:35 PM   #76
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
100% agreed. Made some substantial changes to CB ratings this morning as a result. Good find!
I really hope that Newman didn't go down, he played injured and when he got back his stats were impressive, 4 picks in 6 games.

"After returning from his injury in Week 11:
48 attempts, 7.58 YPA, 41.67 Forced INC%, 0 TDs, 4 INTs

Those numbers are not at all impressive and not evident of an elite CB. He allowed over 65 yards three times after week 11 and one of his four INTs was basically a last second heave by Eli Manning against the Giants. He was destroyed by the Steelers, Giants, 49ers, and Eagles over that seven game stretch, and played well against the Seahawks, Ravens, and Redskins. If you’re impressed with that, then you are easily impressed."

This sounds INCREDIBLY bias. Almost 50% force inc., all the touchdowns he allowed were early when playing injured. all 2 of them. He had 11 pass deflections over that 7 game stretch.

The giants one of the teams that torched him? Maybe one of his interceptions was off a hail mary, but less we forget he had another int in this game.

The players that were abused against the niners? Keith Davis, Ken Hamlin, and Pat Watkins.

The steelers game is the only thing you can mention with the somewhat deep ball with Santonio Homles, but the Nate Washington catch was him playing a deep zone and is hard for that to even count against him.

As for the Eagles game there was only a catch to Deasean over Newman.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:11 PM   #77
Rookie

c dizzy m baby's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagga
Hey Exonerated, I really dig the analysis of top CBs you compiled, but I personally feel like you should weight INTs a little more. Considering how often they lead to game-changing points, I just feel like they should be given a little more weight.

Even though sometimes a DB with more interceptions is more likely to jump routes, and thus has a greater risk of allowing big plays - I still think that if they manage to keep their YPA down but have a higher level of INTs, they should be ranked higher.
An example from your list would be Samari Rolle.

What do you think?

I'm curious if maybe someone like football outsiders has done a similar assessment with a situational factor built in? Something like their DYAR?

EDIT: Perhaps those who allowed more TDs should be dropped further down the list as well? I just think that points matter more than field position.
Exonerated didn't compile this list, it is pretty old and came out right when the season ended. I follow CB's pretty well as my favorite player ever was Prime. Football Outsiders does do these once they review every game in their book, and IMO it is a much more accurate representation.

To the person talking about Cromartie, he was NEVER a shutdown corner. Im not hating on him because I'm a Raiders fan because I actually like Cromartie and wanted the Raiders to draft him in the second if he fell when he came out. The facts are Cromartie became VERY overrated after his 10 pick season and spectacular interceptions but he has never shut anyone down, he is a fantastic
athlete with UNREAL ball skills but he has along way to go with his technique before he should be considered "shutdown". I think he is somewhere in between how overrated he was after '07 (People were saying he was the best and top 5) and how bad he played in '08.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:12 PM   #78
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

^^

Kane,

Once I saw Mike Jenkins over T. Newman by several spaces, I took all my stock out of this article. I'm not saying the whole article is slanted, but this guy clearly doesn't know what he's talking about in making this comparison. The Cowboys didn't intentionally not give Jenkins playing time; he didn't earn it. In fact, Orlando Scandrick (fellow rookie CB) outplayed him the entire season which is why he started in the nickel defense over Jenkins.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:28 PM   #79
Pro

JeriousNorwood's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah, that article should only help with ratings, not determine them.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:31 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 6

I think that article reflects last years production from CB's and does not include the bias of brand names.

I think he is a bit overrated in madden with respect to his production on the field last year. Dallas had an INSANE pass rush when Newman came back from his injury so obviously the CB's where going to benefit from this. Yet he played fairly mediocre season regardless and is not deserving of top 5 CB ratings which he is currently unless he proves otherwise.
> >
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »