Home

madden 09 darrick brown

This is a discussion on madden 09 darrick brown within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 04:40 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: madden 09 darrick brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
Asomugha will have zero ground to stand on with Madden 10 in terms of his unhappiness with his ratings. The guy is as shutdown as it gets in the National Football League, and we hope to reflect that to a tee with Madden 10.
Hearing things like this make me scared to hear about how crazy good Demarcus(sp) Ware will be on the pass rush. Its a good thing people so please dont freak out lol. Itll make it worth picking up an elite player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2009, 04:40 PM   #26
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Asomugha will have zero ground to stand on with Madden 10 in terms of his unhappiness with his ratings. The guy is as shutdown as it gets in the National Football League, and we hope to reflect that to a tee with Madden 10.
if i could give you a hug right now i would....
Old 04-15-2009, 04:49 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Wonder what prevented him from being drafted at all? With all of his great physical freakish skills, you figure those talents would be worth a Top 250+ in the NFL Draft, but apparently it wasn't.

And look, it's not like im saying we are taking 15 points off his 97 SPD. He will get knocked, but not to the point where he stops playing to his strengths/weaknesses anymore.

LMAO as a Raider fan i am glad your taking an interest!!!

btw I would think of it more as: how would you rate Usain Bolt if the Raiders got him in there at DB cause you know Al would make it happen if it were at all possible. Brown is deserving of his speed acceleration jump thats afterall the ONLY reason he was signed by the Raiders.

I AM SOOOO exited to hear about ASO!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2009, 05:12 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigspigs76
i dont think downgrading is athletic stats is the answer...
the dude can run stride for stride with Randy Moss, can prolly jump as high and far as well.

Although he needs to have his weakness otherwise he would be a starter in the NFL... so downgrade his awareness man and zone coverage ect... That way he is what he is, a track and field star on a football field lol

He should still be effective if user controlled that for sure.

BTW i rotate him and Justin Miller in my dime defence depending on the situation, its a pretty nasty combo
i would never trust your opinion because you use him

you just wasted my time reading that so see you say that
Old 04-15-2009, 05:15 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Wow Im about to lay down some stats to Donny to help out the ATL Falcons Oline.........Hmmmmmmm ATL has had a top 3 rushing attack for the past 4 or 5 years and still no love...(and we had the #1 rushing attack 3 years in a row).......lol

Hmmmmmm J. Abraham also needs a look as well. I had way more success with J. Anderson the LDE in my league games than Abraham (RDE).....Anderson had 15 sacks compared to Abrahams 4 in a 10 game league......

(just throwing it out there)
Old 04-15-2009, 05:17 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Chris Johnson (Raiders CB) has been taken care of nicely.
If you ever need any help on raider ratings you know who to contact
Old 04-15-2009, 05:23 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Wonder what prevented him from being drafted at all? With all of his great physical freakish skills, you figure those talents would be worth a Top 250+ in the NFL Draft, but apparently it wasn't.

And look, it's not like im saying we are taking 15 points off his 97 SPD. He will get knocked, but not to the point where he stops playing to his strengths/weaknesses anymore.
What prevented him from being drafted was lack of playing time in college. He started off as a WR in college and was moved to DB his Junior year. He also missed his Senior year due to injury. He's a tremendous athlete but not a polished football player.

I really wished Madden could reflect this, but I do understand that he is over effective due to his athletic ability. The best players should shine (without being over the top) and athletes should just be athletes (who in that right hands could be serviceable). Previous Madden's on next gen have done a good job reflecting athletic ability (like this example), but it does make guys like this over effective when someone with stick skills user's them.

I do have a feeling that trying to reflect players ability by lowering athletic attributes on lesser players and increasing them on elite players is going to cause online players to only use a couple of teams. It's already somewhat like that but it's probably going to get worse. I hope I'm wrong but it wouldn't surprise me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin4QB
i would never trust your opinion because you use him

you just wasted my time reading that so see you say that

Do i smell the most useless post award?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »