Home

Branching Animations

This is a discussion on Branching Animations within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2009, 03:09 PM   #9
Rookie

c dizzy m baby's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Branching Animations

Yea it was kind of annoying to run a dive on short yardage with any back in the league and once you get contact with big defensive lineman you could truck them, and even though you didn't break the tackle you still unrealistically saw your small RB put someone who's much bigger than him on his back far too often.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #10
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Branching Animations

Branching animations are exactly the thing that gave me hope for the future of Madden with Ian in charge. I honestly don't know how much he had to do with putting them in, but they are what he talked about as the big jump in 09, and it absolutely was.

Even though NFK2k5 was still the better game than Madden 09, it was really difficult to go back after feeling that level of control. Thankfully, the gamespeed more than made up for it and made it impossible to control when NOT being tackled, so I was, in the end, able to return to 2k5:P

Strides have indeed been made in this area, btw. That's all I can say.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »