Home

Official Petition to get John Madden on the cover.

This is a discussion on Official Petition to get John Madden on the cover. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should John Madden be on the cover of Madden NFL 2010
No. 34 14.98%
Yes. 133 58.59%
Yes, but only on the Colletor's Edition. 44 19.38%
Yes, but only in a box like Maden 2001. 16 7.05%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2009, 11:54 PM   #25
Rookie

KStateFan's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Official Petition to get John Madden on the cover.

Voted Yes, seems right to do
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 12:52 AM   #26
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

John got my yes vote.

I think it's a great idea to have him on the cover.

I'm going to miss him. Good luck Mr. Madden.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:56 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 9

Cmon Ian and Co., get this done!
Old 04-17-2009, 01:36 AM   #28
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

Yes because he was one of the greatest coaches (.700+ winning percentage is tops) and except for the last 10 years or so he was one of the greatest commentaries. He is a genius when it comes to football and is an icon to the sport.

Also what new things would they add to the collectors edition to warrant it being $90 like last year??
Old 04-17-2009, 01:50 AM   #29
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy316
Also what new things would they add to the collectors edition to warrant it being $90 like last year??
I know that I would like to see a "behind the scenes" of the proces of developing madden NFL 2010. I know how much of a fun, but bumpy ride it has been watching the game come this far and how much more there is to come. I would love to see Community Day footage and examples of how the game was, and how it got to where it is today. This is supposed to be a huge undertaking by Ian and the Madden team and we can see that each week. I think there should be some special Xbox gamer pics and themes and maybe some PS3 decktop stuff.

I would be content with this, but that's me. "Why would somebody buy that? most people don't even know hat's going on this year. Why would they care/buy a CE?" CE games are normally for the hardcore fans not casuals. If you area hard core fan, wouldn't you want this? Think Halo3 CE and other CE games.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:10 AM   #30
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I know that I would like to see a "behind the scenes" of the proces of developing madden NFL 2010. I know how much of a fun, but bumpy ride it has been watching the game come this far and how much more there is to come. I would love to see Community Day footage and examples of how the game was, and how it got to where it is today. This is supposed to be a huge undertaking by Ian and the Madden team and we can see that each week. I think there should be some special Xbox gamer pics and themes and maybe some PS3 decktop stuff.

I would be content with this, but that's me. "Why would somebody buy that? most people don't even know hat's going on this year. Why would they care/buy a CE?" CE games are normally for the hardcore fans not casuals. If you area hard core fan, wouldn't you want this? Think Halo3 CE and other CE games.
I see what you are saying and I am a pretty big offline Madden player but I couldn't see myself spending $40 on the behind the scenes stuff. I probably wouldn't mind spending an extra $10 but not $40. The main reason I bought the collectors edition last year was because of NFL Head Coach. I didn't even watch every extra video from last year.

If threw together a nice little bundle with some odds and ends then I would probably purchase it. If not then I am more than happy with just the game itself.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:29 AM   #31
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy316
I see what you are saying and I am a pretty big offline Madden player but I couldn't see myself spending $40 on the behind the scenes stuff. I probably wouldn't mind spending an extra $10 but not $40. The main reason I bought the collectors edition last year was because of NFL Head Coach. I didn't even watch every extra video from last year.

If threw together a nice little bundle with some odds and ends then I would probably purchase it. If not then I am more than happy with just the game itself.
I agree with you, but that was my best honest answer of what would want and expect to get in a CE. I would rather Ian spent time on making the game better, but I hope that they spend some time on the side working on a CE DVD and content.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 03:30 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 19

I hope EA at least gives this some thought.
Lets keep this petition going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »