Home

Make it so we can't hit stick mid air!

This is a discussion on Make it so we can't hit stick mid air! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2009, 04:37 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Make it so we can't hit stick mid air!

Can we make it so that if you use the hitstick and there's no ball carrier within 5 yards of you that it does nothing?

That would fix so many annoyances... like accidentally playmakering as someone snaps and then your safety is basically rendered useless for the play.

Or, I've seen people hit stick through the receiving team players on a kick off so they would go through unblocked for example...

Things like that... just put in some simple code that says, IF Ball Carrier Distance to User Player > 5 yards, do not hit stick... just make the analog stick do nothing in that case...

It also just looks stupid... where in the real NFL do you see players trying to tackle thin air then stumbling around like morons for 5 seconds? It kinda ruins the presentation of the game for me when I see these things.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 04:40 PM   #2
Rookie

Dirt DiverX's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Make it so we can't hit stick mid air!

I say leave it in, we have enough assists in the game as is.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkkmano
I say leave it in, we have enough assists in the game as is.
I don't see this being an assist type of thing.... but when you look at on-line + lag + playmakring and requring us to hit X before we playmaker, making it so we have even less time to do this stuff before the ball snaps, its infuriating to hit stick nothing and have your safety taken completely out of the play for no reason.

Also, how can you say that its ok for people to hit stick through the wedge on a kick return? If they leave it in as is, then taht will continue to happen.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #4
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Can we make it so that if you use the hitstick and there's no ball carrier within 5 yards of you that it does nothing?

That would fix so many annoyances... like accidentally playmakering as someone snaps and then your safety is basically rendered useless for the play.

Or, I've seen people hit stick through the receiving team players on a kick off so they would go through unblocked for example...

Things like that... just put in some simple code that says, IF Ball Carrier Distance to User Player > 5 yards, do not hit stick... just make the analog stick do nothing in that case...

It also just looks stupid... where in the real NFL do you see players trying to tackle thin air then stumbling around like morons for 5 seconds? It kinda ruins the presentation of the game for me when I see these things.

Thoughts?
Ever watched a Lions game?

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 04-17-2009, 04:46 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
Ever watched a Lions game?
Touche... but I don't consider the Lions to be in the real NFL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #6
Rookie

Dirt DiverX's Arena

OVR: 3

I never even know you could do it to break the wedge. The whole idea of whiffing on a hit stick needs to be revamped. You don't see NFL players go for a big hit then be completely useless for the remainder of the play if they miss.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:55 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkkmano
I never even know you could do it to break the wedge. The whole idea of whiffing on a hit stick needs to be revamped. You don't see NFL players go for a big hit then be completely useless for the remainder of the play if they miss.
Yeah I had no idea either until someone did it to me... its not a gamebreaker or anythign by any stretch but its certainly hockey... the wedge guys ignore the hit sticker until he is out of his "stumbling" animation, but by that time they already passed him.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:01 PM   #8
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Yeah I know exactly what you're talking about...It's the dumbest looking animation ever! I like the idea rendering it useless outside of the 5 yard mark.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »