Home

Audibles on the fly in Madden 10?

This is a discussion on Audibles on the fly in Madden 10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2009, 02:13 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Audibles on the fly in Madden 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
I thought this was in last yr..where u just call an audible..or am i thinking of something else. What they need to bring back is in game saves
What I think you are referring to is R Stick Audibles. Those are 4 pre-defined audibles per formation that you can always call at the LOS by pressing Audible Button + R stick direction. Those are nice as well, but not the same thing as what I'm referring to.

In game saves would be nice, but that's a matter for a different thread
Old 05-13-2009, 02:21 PM   #10
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5

This is a huge feature for online play.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:50 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
It gives you the ability to assign a play to an audible button while at the play call screen.

So the steps you would perform go something like this:

1. Your play has ended so now you are back at the play call screen
  2. You know the play you want to run but you also want at least another play from that formation as an audible
  3. Highlight the play you want to set as an audible
  4. Push down on the R Stick
    1. At this point you'll see the controller buttons displayed below the play call screen
  5. Push the button that you want this play assigned to
  6. Done.
  7. Rinse and repeat if you want to assign more plays to other audible buttons.
So now, lets say you assigned that play to the Circle button, so now your Circle audible is that play until you wish to change it.

It really was one of the best features Madden has ever introduced. Everytime I chose a run play I'd always select two more run plays in different directions as audibles.. or a pass play or whatever. This made setting up your audibles by pausing obsolete, since you could just set them up "on the fly" as you play.
Thanks for the run down Capn! Sounds like it could be really useful. But while we are talking about audibles...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...taken-wii.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 02:53 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by icomb1ne
Thanks for the run down Capn! Sounds like it could be really useful. But while we are talking about audibles...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...taken-wii.html
That is certainly very cool, but I think it really caters to the Wii controller... not sure how well it would work with PS3/360.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:57 PM   #13

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pato1508
BUMP กกกก

I miss that feature A LOT กกก
Wow a random guy who has been a member since January of 2008 bumps a thread as his first ever post on this forum and the guy who started the thread is the first guy to respond within minutes. What a coincidence. lol
Old 05-13-2009, 03:13 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 16

Gah, I wish I hadn't been reminded about this. I loved this feature. It's starting to annoy me how many things I loved using aren't in the game anymore. Formation subs, custom playbooks, on-the-fly audibles, formation shift. It's like this game is constantly two steps forward, one step back.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:25 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Wow a random guy who has been a member since January of 2008 bumps a thread as his first ever post on this forum and the guy who started the thread is the first guy to respond within minutes. What a coincidence. lol
You can't be serious. I've started a ton of threads, why would I go through the trouble to create a second account, or get someone else to bump this thread. Heck I could've just re-created a thread with the same title and no one would've said anything.

Why the hell would I bump a thread that is over 1 month old that initially had 1 reply to it?!

Seriously, please keep your ridiculous accusations to yourself.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »