Home

Madden Player Ratings (09)

This is a discussion on Madden Player Ratings (09) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2009, 11:58 PM   #153

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Madden Player Ratings (09)

Originally posted by me...I know its a team sport.

I'm not hating i'm just stating the obvious. Everyone knows that romo has no more excuses now that T.O. is gone. If something is true or someone has a better point to the convo then feel free to prove me wrong. I won't blindly protect something if its clearly not true.

Tony romo is a great QB. He just hasn't been consistant. Maybe jessica was to blame maybe T.O. but it doesn't matter now. This year T.O. is gone so there is no excuses. But i'm not placing this all on his shoulders, its a team sport and the defense did not play well.

I bet you if you had a vote of who was making it to the SB at the beginning of last season. Cowboys would have definitely been one of them just because of the sheer numbers of so called superstars on the team on both sides of the ball.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:02 AM   #154
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday

I bet you if you had a vote of who was making it to the SB at the beginning of last season. Cowboys would have definitely been one of them just because of the sheer numbers of so called superstars on the team on both sides of the ball.

with wade phillips leading the way?

no sir
Old 04-22-2009, 12:16 AM   #155

SouthernBrick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBernard
with wade phillips leading the way?

no sir
Well they would of made it to a SB if romo hadn't of fumbled the snap vs the seahawks...lol. Team sport my *ss that was all him right there.

I was shocked!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 12:33 AM   #156

SouthernBrick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase10784
I also believe Romo is the better QB when it comes down to an arguement between him or Eli. I do not believe that two playoff games is enough to judge whether a player is a success or failure in the crunch time. There have been plenty of games that Romo has succeeded in NFL games during the regular season when the ball was in his hand and he had to win it. People forget such games as the one against the lions in 07, Ny Giants in 07 i believe, and buffalo (which he sucked that whole game) in 07. There are probly more that i am forgetting but he had to win those games with his arm. Just because he hasnt won a playoff game yet doesnt mean he isnt a good QB. And just because Eli manning won a super bowl doesnt make him a better QB. If super bowl wins is what you wanna go by then i guess eli is a better QB than dan marino.
I'm going to state this again which I have talked about earlier in this thread i'm NOT saying one is better than the other completely. I was not only talking about playoff games, I was also talking about games in the regular season as well where romo has folded under pressure late in the season where it really matters. I don't know why people tend to jump into a convo when they clearly don't know everything that has been said.

I'm not saying he's a bad QB iv'e stated many times that he is a great QB/talent/franchise QB. I'm done on this subject because people want to jump in before they know what has been said about the subject.

Also I know this is a long thread but, its not really that long. This arguement is only about 6 or 7 pages long. Just don't read one page of the thread and assume i'm calling him a bad QB when you haven't read the entire arguement.
...Jeez
Old 04-22-2009, 12:35 AM   #157
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBernard
excuse Andy for not reading through a 15 page thread, but scrolling through, this nonsense

caught Andys eye

Football is the ultimate team sport, and one could have Charlie Frye behind center and can get the job done if the other 10 guys do what they are supposed to, and 1 or 2 of those 10 guys makes a play above and beyond.. Where as one could have Tom Brady behind center, and the left tackle gets beat, and the play doesn't stand a chance.. pointless question
Andy is excused for not reading all the posts but Andy is definitely not excused for the third peson stuff.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:48 AM   #158

SouthernBrick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Andy is excused for not reading all the posts but Andy is definitely not excused for the third peson stuff.
I know I was like why is he talking like that?!?!

I guess its just his thing...Its a little annoying, but it don't really bother me to much.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:18 AM   #159
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
I'm going to state this again which I have talked about earlier in this thread i'm NOT saying one is better than the other completely. I was not only talking about playoff games, I was also talking about games in the regular season as well where romo has folded under pressure late in the season where it really matters. I don't know why people tend to jump into a convo when they clearly don't know everything that has been said.

I'm not saying he's a bad QB iv'e stated many times that he is a great QB/talent/franchise QB. I'm done on this subject because people want to jump in before they know what has been said about the subject.

Also I know this is a long thread but, its not really that long. This arguement is only about 6 or 7 pages long. Just don't read one page of the thread and assume i'm calling him a bad QB when you haven't read the entire arguement.
...Jeez
I did read this thread and i read your opinion, i was simply stating my opinion on the subject. It has nothing to do with if you said something or whatever i was just saying what i feel about the subject. I feel in this madden they should both be like neck and neck maybe with romo a point or two ahead of eli.

With that said I was one of the dallas cowboys fans that were hoping jerry would try to get jay cutler because honestly i like him a lot. He may not have done anything yet but I have a good feeling he will one day. He gets a bad wrap cuz he hasnt won in the playoffs but its hard to win when your d cant stop last years michigan wolverines offense.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:25 AM   #160

SouthernBrick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase10784
I did read this thread and i read your opinion, i was simply stating my opinion on the subject. It has nothing to do with if you said something or whatever i was just saying what i feel about the subject. I feel in this madden they should both be like neck and neck maybe with romo a point or two ahead of eli.

With that said I was one of the dallas cowboys fans that were hoping jerry would try to get jay cutler because honestly i like him a lot. He may not have done anything yet but I have a good feeling he will one day. He gets a bad wrap cuz he hasnt won in the playoffs but its hard to win when your d cant stop last years michigan wolverines offense.
I do not believe that two playoff games is enough to judge whether a player is a success or failure in the crunch time. There have been plenty of games that Romo has succeeded in NFL games during the regular season when the ball was in his hand and he had to win it. People forget such games as the one against the lions in 07, Ny Giants in 07 i believe, and buffalo (which he sucked that whole game) in 07. There are probly more that i am forgetting but he had to win those games with his arm. Just because he hasnt won a playoff game yet doesnt mean he isnt a good QB. And just because Eli manning won a super bowl doesnt make him a better QB. If super bowl wins is what you wanna go by then i guess eli is a better QB than dan marino.

My bad I took your post and thought it was just more arguing about things I hadn't said. I was like I didn't say he's bad or that one was better than the other, the only bad thing i said about romo was he has hasn't proven himself to be at his best late in the regular season and going into the playoffs. Good Qb just inconsistant.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »