Home

This quote got me thinking, there needs to be an animation "wall" for players to hit.

This is a discussion on This quote got me thinking, there needs to be an animation "wall" for players to hit. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2009, 06:22 PM   #17
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: This quote got me thinking, there needs to be an animation "wall" for players to

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
This was, though, a one in a million shot. It's very rare. I think whoever said the wall should be 99% effective had it right.

To play the game today, you'd think it happened on every other play.
You hit it right on the head. Those should be "wow" moments in Madden, not regular occurrences. When you Play Madden 10 you should be able to see that hit, but you should also want to save the replay because of how rare it is to see.

My understanding about what Ian talked about regarding replays repeating is that he doesn't want the player to see the same replyas over and over again all game long when there are other replays in the game that are consistantly not being shown.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #18
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: This quote got me thinking, there needs to be an animation "wall" for players to

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
You hit it right on the head. Those should be "wow" moments in Madden, not regular occurrences. When you Play Madden 10 you should be able to see that hit, but you should also want to save the replay because of how rare it is to see.

My understanding about what Ian talked about regarding replays repeating is that he doesn't want the player to see the same replyas over and over again all game long when there are other replays in the game that are consistantly not being shown.
This brings up another great point, there should be way more "mundane" routine tackles in the game. Every tackle should not be a huge crushing hit, that way when they do happen they will seem spectacular by comparison.

Great post, dude.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:42 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
This brings up another great point, there should be way more "mundane" routine tackles in the game. Every tackle should not be a huge crushing hit, that way when they do happen they will seem spectacular by comparison.

Great post, dude.
I also want to see more hand tackles that may slow a player down, dont phase the player, or even stop him. Currently its break a tackle or be tackled animations. With nothing in between it feels bare.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:46 PM   #20
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I also want to see more hand tackles that may slow a player down, dont phase the player, or even stop him. Currently its break a tackle or be tackled animations. With nothing in between it feels bare.
There are only 2 states of being in Madden:

1 You are being tackled

2 You are not being tackled

There needs to be a bunch of half tackle animations, which randomly trigger a continued run or a loss of balance. Backbreaker simulates this very well because it does not use mo-cap. I'm not sure how this can be simulated effectively by Madden other than having a 3rd state of being.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:52 PM   #21
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Jones-Drew didnt truck Merriman He blocked him two different things. Plus Where taking about DL 290lbs+. We he does that to Pat Williams or Shaun Rodgers then you show me!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 06:57 PM   #22
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Look at the video Merriman comes off a chip block notice the play fake and he trying to get to the QB and he is stunned by Jones-Drew who is an excellent pass blocker. That video has nothing to do with the OP is talking about in this thread.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:03 PM   #23
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Look at the video Merriman comes off a chip block notice the play fake and he trying to get to the QB and he is stunned by Jones-Drew who is an excellent pass blocker. That video has nothing to do with the OP is talking about in this thread.
Merriman did not hit MJD head on, he was breaking down to try and get around him. MDJ has tremendous strength and was able to catch Merriman at the point when he had the least momentum/leverage. That is a nexus moment that is hard to time with a hit, which is why such occurences are so rare.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:47 PM   #24
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
There are only 2 states of being in Madden:

1 You are being tackled

2 You are not being tackled

There needs to be a bunch of half tackle animations, which randomly trigger a continued run or a loss of balance. Backbreaker simulates this very well because it does not use mo-cap. I'm not sure how this can be simulated effectively by Madden other than having a 3rd state of being.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »