Home

Wildcat cheddar already...sigh...

This is a discussion on Wildcat cheddar already...sigh... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2009, 12:27 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Wildcat cheddar already...sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearbornDolfan
Make it so you can't audible again without penalty until the first one is complete and apply a ten point hit to awareness each time an audible happens before the new play is set. Eventually the jackasses will get the hint or just not win. But enough with fake penalties that have no analogue in the real game.
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with this solution, but the issue is time and what they have time to do. Penalty may be fairly easy to implement, but awr hits and all that I'm not sure.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:29 PM   #50
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

The wildcat is just like any other offenses it has its strengths and weakness. Once again if the fundementals of the game are correct it wont be unstoppable.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:30 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3

I remember on last gen, if you audibled from a FG to a regular offensive play, the kicker took the QB spot. That was stupid as heck.

I'm sure Ian & Co. took a long, hard look at wildcat's potential exploitations before implementing it this year again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 12:33 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with this solution, but the issue is time and what they have time to do. Penalty may be fairly easy to implement, but awr hits and all that I'm not sure.
I'm sure making it a penalty to audible more than twice would be very easy. But do we want that? Do we want penalties in the game that don't exist in the real NFL? Cheesers will just find other ways to cheese, while the rest of us will be stuck with made-up penalties. That doesn't seem good.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:39 PM   #53
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Definition: A foul by the offense where a player fails to reset for at least one second after two players shift position at the same time.

Now I like the idea. BUT it would be fairly simple to avoid the penalty. I actually don't think it would be possible to implement the penalty in the game. You cant send another guy in motion until the other is set.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:42 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I don't think it is limiting the game, I think it is making it realistic, which fits in with their vision for the game. They have several possible ways they can handle this. They can make the offensive players move alot slower and forcing the play clock to be an issue so that guys can't audible to a different formation more than once or twice, or they can install false starts to band aid it, or they can go with illegal shift. I think they have several options that's not about limiting the game but about fitting into the vision they have for the game, which is to make things as realistic as possible while also maintaining fun factor. It's not going to matter though, when that blog hits later this week all of peoples plans will go up in smoke and if they do not mention it in the blog, since they will have touched on it I'll mention it.
In NCAA 09 the play clock is frequently a problem...especially when you are trying to hot route WRs on the road in loud stadiums...there should be at least something similar in Madden that makes changing the play on the road a problem.

And to balance it out so there is also an effect on the home team, they could use a system in Madden that would take into account a player's awareness level (years of experience, etc.) and have them simply not recognize the audible if they are a low awareness player...or if they are fatigued, they could run the original route anyway because they missed the audible...there are a million things that COULD happen, my problem is that in Madden the player can make the correct audible and result about 100% of the time and to say THAT is realistic is flat out wrong...there should be situations where players can't do the things that they are accustomed to doing now...
Old 04-21-2009, 02:33 PM   #55
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Definition: A foul by the offense where a player fails to reset for at least one second after two players shift position at the same time.

Now I like the idea. BUT it would be fairly simple to avoid the penalty. I actually don't think it would be possible to implement the penalty in the game. You cant send another guy in motion until the other is set.
I like the idea of this penalty and it will force more delay flags and snapping off-set i really like this.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 02:34 PM   #56
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

I wonder if the Wildcat will be in Carolina's playbook...they used it a few times when the offense was sputtering (see AZ regular season game) to get the ball in DeAngelo Williams' hands faster (he played some wildcat in college)...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »